Paging Tiger Front Runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger fans should know as well as anyone that prior finals experience counts for nought. You guys were 0-3 in finals under Hardwick before 2017, including losing a final to 9th placed Carlton.
We also know that winning the home and away season doesn't mean a thing.

Geelong's problem is they are an outside running team that doesn't like it when the going gets inside and tough, pur 1st quarter proved that nothing has changed in that area.

It doesnt get tougher than in the finals.

Geelong's problem is they are an outside running team that doesn't like it when the going gets inside and tough, pur 1st quarter proved that nothing has changed in that area.

Isn't it a shame a game goes for four quarters instead of just one?

Unfortunately for you, we kicked it up a gear after quarter time and, like every other time you've been pressured this year, you just turned to water and were blown off the park.

Yeah it’s really messing with our season so far. :straining:
5A61FFB7-3180-459A-A5AF-B72B292ED854.jpeg

lol Richmunt, win a single AFL flag and suddenly class themselves as finals “experts”. :$:thumbsu:

Best contested side.
Best ground ball side.
Best pressure side.
Best causing turnovers side.
Best retaining ball from pressure side.

Yeah.... we are actually a hard contested team, the first quarter was all about the cats not turning up for 30 minutes.

That's the thing. I look at your outs, and apart from Rance and Riewoldt, the others wouldn't make a splash in any of the top 8 sides.

You are kidding yourself. Your list is just very shallow and you have been hiding front runners for the last couple of years. Get everybody back and you will struggle to beat the 14th - 5th ranked sides. That's where your list is at.

I mean, your ruck situation is a classic case - can't blame anyone but yourselves for poor list management.

Our other outs wouldn't get a game in other top 8 sides? List is shallow? If you had our equivalent of injuries you would be sitting 16th.

You beat a third of our VFL side. Be happy champ.....deal with it.

Best contested side.
Best ground ball side.
Best pressure side.
Best causing turnovers side.
Best retaining ball from pressure side.

Yeah.... we are actually a hard contested team, the first quarter was all about the cats not turning up for 30 minutes.

And only 3 sides from the last 20 years who have finished top have won the flag.

Good luck. Enjoy your stats.

Our other outs wouldn't get a game in other top 8 sides? List is shallow? If you had our equivalent of injuries you would be sitting 16th.

* ing deluded Richmond supporters.

Most top heavy list in football can't cope with a normal injury toll. WOTASURPRIZE

**** ing deluded Richmond supporters.

Most top heavy list in football can't cope with a normal injury toll. WOTASURPRIZE
Lol, name the last team to have its whole leadership group, that included the previous years best backman in the comp , best forward in the comp.and best Captain in the comp all out at once, then throw in half a dozen other premiership players missing as well, while still holding a spot in the top 8.

Blues supporters finally resurfacing after the second win of the year it seems, how did that Bolton experiment go for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol 8 v 2 head to head in finals sounds pretty damn good to.me.

Oh thats right I forgot Geelong are a home and away team, finals is not really your thing.
Now, what would you prefer over the last 20 years? Your team winning more home and away games than any other team and winning 3 flags and participating in 15 or so finals campaigns, whike watching some of the GOATs of the game do their thing.

Or....

Watch your team get belted most weeks, lose to 9th in an elimination final, Bradbury a flag, then fall away again?

I tell you what, it's good seeing your team win most weeks for years on end. Little bits of joy interspersed with the occasional flag.

You should try it some time :)

Lollllll - what a load of crap

We've got the best defence in the league - it doesn't rely on one guy who takes the third forward so he can peel off and make up for his team mates' shitful skills.

Our forward line doesn't rely solely on one forward.

Our midfield has enough depth that we're playing Joel Farking Selwood out on the wing.

Just own the fact your list is up the creek

Yes, we're all aware of that stat. Hardwick does, however have a better finals win percentage than Chris Scott.

Seem to remember at one stage Hardwick held the dubious record for most games as coach without a finals win too.

Now, what would you prefer over the last 20 years? Your team winning more home and away games than any other team and winning 3 flags and participating in 15 or so finals campaigns, whike watching some of the GOATs of the game do their thing.

Or....

Watch your team get belted most weeks, lose to 9th in an elimination final, Bradbury a flag, then fall away again?

I tell you what, it's good seeing your team win most weeks for years on end. Little bits of joy interspersed with the occasional flag.

You should try it some time :)

Id prefer that over the history of my club being in this competition, a period 11 years less than your club, that they would always have had more flags and still have two more.

You do realise that I have seen my club win 6 flags in my lifetime, whereas I imagine you have seen half that amount and our longest break between flags is 37 years compared to the 44 years at your club.:think:

Geelong supporters always pretending their rancid history in this competition doesnt exist. You Cats live in a 5 year period which is the only time in this competition that the Cats have tasted a little success, even then it was done without back to back flags:$

Lollllll - what a load of crap

We've got the best defence in the league - it doesn't rely on one guy who takes the third forward so he can peel off and make up for his team mates' shitful skills.

Our forward line doesn't rely solely on one forward.

Our midfield has enough depth that we're playing Joel Farking Selwood out on the wing.

Just own the fact your list is up the creek
Triggered!

Seem to remember at one stage Hardwick held the dubious record for most games as coach without a finals win too.

Yes, he once held that, but it's long gone. A premiership cancels that out. I like the fact that Hardwick came into coaching and built a premiership team from the ground up. Scott inherited a premiership list and we watched it erode away. We have had our lengthy periods of bottoming out & starting again, but there is no way Geelong could ever afford to bottom out. Don't get me wrong, I have admired your sustainability over many years. There is this huge misconception that Richmond fans drop off like flies, but the fact is, our membership has grown every year apart from one since 1995 and that is despite winnjng 2 spoons in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back