Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks NTRabbit on the photo tips. These came up pretty good.

I cannot recommend the Vallejo 72 Paint Set highly enough. I probably used 70 % of them in the below and just made highlighting / shading so much easier.

The really dark greens and yellows where a bit troublesome. The yellows you just need to be more extreme going from little to dark and any dark green i've worked with, you always have to put multiple layers.

I'm working on something a bit more simple for the next job... something where each one isn't a different colour scheme ;-)

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

I cannot recommend the Vallejo 72 Paint Set highly enough. I probably used 70 % of them in the below and just made highlighting / shading so much easier.

The really dark greens and yellows where a bit troublesome. The yellows you just need to be more extreme and any dark green i've worked with, you always have to put multiple layers.

I'm working on something a bit more simple for the next job... something where each one isn't a different colour scheme ;-)

View attachment 353867 View attachment 353869
They look great. Did you run any washes into the folds of fabric or around hard lines? Looks like you have done the armour wash.

They look great. Did you run any washes into the folds of fabric or around hard lines? Looks like you have done the armour wash.
armour was just black undercoat, drybrush chainmail, then an armour wash. and to be honest, I think i did that 15 years ago!

the fabric was just paint the whole area a darker shade, then highlight it up. very time consuming but i think the results are better IMO

The really dark greens and yellows where a bit troublesome. The yellows you just need to be more extreme going from little to dark and any dark green i've worked with, you always have to put multiple layers.

View attachment 353867 View attachment 353869

Isn't it amazing how little it takes to go from fuzzy, washed out, or too busy photos, to some really good photos of some really good minis?

Speaking of - here is my next little time waster.

6409c9eeb240726fcee6016aeb16bb18.jpg

While this is my next big time waster.

01c89c7a8ddcd13d103f91139b1595de.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd say 40k Chaos Cultists
Correct.

Good technique for painting a dirty look (is zombies) is base paint them, then paint agrax earthshade (games workshop wash) over all of it then re base paint but not in the recesses.

That's all I did above and it looks really effective. Quick too.
I'd say 40k Chaos Cultists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a "stick lots of bits together" barricade spree going on.

6828c29cd23a419e855b8480ad610d45.jpg

Four will be city/concrete style and four will be desert shipwreck styley

Anybody here playing 40k?
I left GW 10-ish years ago, mostly due to cost and direction of company.
I've since been spending up on Mantic offerings and WarmaHordes.

I'm wondering, how's GW fairing these days? I didn't think blowing up the fantasy universe did them any favours. Yet, surprisingly their stocks have been increasing since mid-last year.

What gives?

I'm wondering, how's GW fairing these days? I didn't think blowing up the fantasy universe did them any favours. Yet, surprisingly their stocks have been increasing since mid-last year.

What gives?

There is a 40k thread - couple of people in there who are into it. I can get the link if you like.

What gives?
Here you go:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/warhammer-40k.1137391/

What gives?
Wait until they reboot it in a couple of months.

A bunch of gamey stuff I have printed up on the new 3D printer. Jersey barriers, oil drums, a door and a tank hatch.

I've used a large image to show the damage effect used on some of the barriers. Still have to properly clean up the ones on the left.

bf392c58ec73e4bf6c2af0f97a691e9e.jpg

They look pretty good. How long does it take to print these pieces?
I am pretty happy with the damage effect. I thought it would be clunkier. Thing is on the example shots in Thinkgiverse a lot of people are using .2mm nozzles while mine is .1mm. Maybe just a result of a lot of files being put up a year or two+ in the past.

Those 8 black barriers started at 7PM last night and finished some time over night.

The software said 9 1/2 hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back