Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy with the guts.

b9cb23621f9abb2bb8dc1a274a8aa169.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rick from The Walking Dead Miniatures game.

Much better when you don’t have to muck around trying to mix colours. Just paint on the colours listed.

806a2dd1db7c574fad1a572f767e354e.jpg

Though, without blue tone ink for the wash on the shirt I mixed deep blue, Nuln oil and water. Worked well I think.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Army Painter Red cape
VGA Dwarf Skin, with a coat of VMC Transparent Green for the skin
Reaper MSP HD Pale Saffron eyes
VGC Off White teeth
VMC Natural Steel weapon and armour, edge highlighted with Vallejo Liquid Silver
P3 Hammerfall Khaki for the hood and tunic
VMC Panzer Series Beige Brown for the gloves and dagger hilt
All washed in Citadel Nuln Oil
Sealed with Devlan Matisse Polymer Matt Varnish

The base was carved from standard Milliput
Painted in Vallejo Black Surface Primer, with Reaper MSP HD White edge highlights
Sealed with Pledge Future Shine for a glassy Obsidian finish
Surrounded by a small amount of Vallejo Earth Texture Dark Earth, and Woodland Scenics Light Green Field Grass

It's a Reaper Bones Goblin Leader, and I'm using it as a Red Goblin Biggit in Kings of War. Got some Ogres to finish the sealing and basing on this week, then going to try and get 2 more Ogre heroes done before Mad March starts in 2 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B3IE9EW.jpg

yC187N6.jpg

IE4V9rg.jpg

UrPKeUt.jpg

Khaguran, counts-as-Grokagamok named Ogre Warlord, came with the tiny axe arm regular warriors get, decided that wasn't big enough to match "The Amputator" as described in the book, so got a proper axe from shapeways. Plus, gave him one of the leftover heads from the Berserker BRace kit to stand out. Also stuck a resin skull in his gesturing hand, because alas poor yorrick is much better.

BCuv1Vi.jpg

xpmSbXa.jpg

JR1LeML.jpg

DgkqEVX.jpg

Boomer Sergeant, replaced the regular shotgun barrel with a 3D printed rotary cannon, to make a triple barrel punt gun. Also a skull on the shoulder spike, a green flask, and the other spare metal Berserker head.

m5qjLnB.jpg

SjCykrd.jpg

xIibGAx.jpg

QPz3Xti.jpg

e8jjmAn.jpg

pCkYrqT.jpg

A Mammoth armed with a ballista. Mantic Goblins as crew, riding in a howdah converted from a Warbases.co.uk War Wagon with paddlepop sticks and resin hirst pieces, armed with a Warbases Ballista, set atop an Acheson Creations Deinotherium.
Good stuff.

Is the long grass a theme across your army?

Last edited:
Good stuff.

Is the long grass a theme across your army?

Yep, Ogres inhabit the Mammoth Steppes in Kings of War, which I picture as a grass sea. Photo is out of date (I'll take a new one this weekend), but this is the idea

FKHUdsz.jpg

Something you guys might be interested in -
http://gaslands.com/

Cheap miniatures game where you buy and paint matchbox cars and fight them in a sort of Mad Max setting. Getting good reviews.
The template movement reminds me of wings of war.

I bought car wars last year but it looks too fiddly and clunky.

Something you guys might be interested in -
http://gaslands.com/

Cheap miniatures game where you buy and paint matchbox cars and fight them in a sort of Mad Max setting. Getting good reviews.
I d/l'd the PDF rules for 11 quid. Otherwise it is like $100AUD for the game and postage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back