Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll be surprised at the difference it makes Chief
Yeah I was playing with colours for my goliaths bases and had a lot of water on my paper palette and dragged the paint around to get the right colours, then realised this would be the way you'd do it with a wet palette - only it wouldn't go dry after 4 minutes. So I am keen to get going with it.

One guide I saw said soak the baking paper for 10 mins before using it? Dunno whether that is required.

i just use a tupperware container (something that is airtight when sealed), a sheet of paper towel folded over to fit and a sheet of baking paper.
pour water into the container until theres a little more than soaking and drain the excess off into the sink. Job done.
I occasionally put a few extra drops of water on the baking paper when im painting to drag into my paint.

i just use a tupperware container (something that is airtight when sealed), a sheet of paper towel folded over to fit and a sheet of baking paper.
pour water into the container until theres a little more than soaking and drain the excess off into the sink. Job done.
I occasionally put a few extra drops of water on the baking paper when im painting to drag into my paint.
Agree, exact way I do it as well

U4SKRC6.jpg

Vti9lz2.jpg

Mercenary Leader Blaine from Star Saga

zXgaqgb.jpg

9Joe8M4.jpg

Shamanic Boudi from Hasslefree Miniatures, now a Forces of Nature Druid for Kings of War and Vanguard

T8EL0o7.jpg

ecW5gBS.jpg

Galadanoth, Elf Sniper from Reaper Bones, now an Elf Master Hunter for Kings of War and Vanguard. Also a test paint for my proposed Elf army, which will be the Eastern Kindred, aka nomadic desert elves - the concept is LRDG x Fremen, so darker skin, blue eyes, lots of brass and copper, and pink panther cloaks :D

That's awesome Chief - anyone have any success organizing the GW pots? Mine are currently spread all over.
The Tamiya and GW ones are just sitting at the side of the rack...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll be surprised at the difference it makes Chief
Immediate difference. Night and day. I don't know why the YouTubers and Patreoners don't all tell you to use one from day dot.

Bought some random terrain off Gumtree someone had built but hadn't painted it.

All I did was spray can a bit, bit of paint, bit of wash.

Love the result.

The Swooping Hawks I like too.
872ad786e5b9d4a18bd6ae36eab15edc.jpg
0144ce68279a8924f91629e3ce2704b8.jpg

I have so many tins and tubes still waiting for some glue and paint. I’m starting to feel like a hoarder.

My son is back to DMing, and I am making Frostgrave stuff, so I’m making books...

IMG_8963.JPG

Coffee stirrers with a strip of coloured paper glued on, then chopped up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back