Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only shipping delays
edebc61264f3cb550e248b02dd90b9e8.jpg

Nice effect.
Very, very, very easy to do Chief.

Polystyrene middle (just to stick something on really), cut up corrugated cardboard, which I got for $1.50 from some $2 shop, hot glue gun and stick it on a MDF board. The bullet holes where made by me stabbing it with a round file.

Then black undercoat (fiddly bits), silver craft paint (both from Bunnings), wash with whatever brown / black mix you want, bit of drybrush and the final bit was orange wash on just little bits here and there.

The posters where just googling 40k propaganda posters.

Very, very, very easy to do Chief.

Polystyrene middle (just to stick something on really), cut up corrugated cardboard, which I got for $1.50 from some $2 shop, hot glue gun and stick it on a MDF board. The bullet holes where made by me stabbing it with a round file.

Then black undercoat (fiddly bits), silver craft paint (both from Bunnings), wash with whatever brown / black mix you want, bit of drybrush and the final bit was orange wash on just little bits here and there.

The posters where just googling 40k propaganda posters.
Yeah I have a stack of the corrugated card - use it on my shacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Figured i would try my hand at a fancy fake rock base for the primaris lieutenant bloke that came with issue 5 of conquest mag.

Never tried it before but wanted to have a crack before i start my wraithknight

20190506_214104.jpg

Figured i would try my hand at a fancy fake rock base for the primaris lieutenant bloke that came with issue 5 of conquest mag.

Never tried it before but wanted to have a crack before i start my wraithknight

View attachment 668815
Nice - what did you make it from?

Nice - what did you make it from?

Some cork board from riot the art shop.

It's prob a bit too thick but is nice for hq units.

Break the cork up million coats of abbadon black to cover it
Then progressively lighter drybrush of shadow grey, celestria grey and palid wych flesh
Pink grass is gamer grass from mightyape

People are freaking out about these haha, they are a great option for people who don't like to paint. Personally, I have 30 poxwalkers i am dreading painting so the contrast paints will get them done nice and quick by the look of it.
It's this any different to army painters quickshade?

Its great that it should get more ppl painting and not playing with the grey hordes

I like your style chief, I'm doing the same!

Get the below plastic guttering guard for like $3. It's perfect for fences / grating
6fb2fab0807ab3231ae06a45fdb95936.jpg
c49f651b0f888cb401ea20862b8b94d3.jpg
I have a box full of them - left over from my parent's house - but the scale looked wrong to me.

Last edited:
It's this any different to army painters quickshade?

Its great that it should get more ppl painting and not playing with the grey hordes

I'm tipping it's pretty similar, can't wait to have a go but it's not like gw reinvented the wheel here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back