Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

so i went searching on ebay and found some cheap "pre loved" 40 k minis plus some more that i had stashed away.

went to metro hobbies and got some supplies and was putting together a few pieces with my new hobby table in the study.... with Alice in Chains on and the smell of superglue, it took me back to 1998.

few projects to work one... just need to get some paints. ordering in the 72 vajello paint set (i'm not doing this in halves) but there isn't any in the country at the moment. will give me some time to attempt to strip down the ones i've got online and find the rest of the collection that's hiding at my parents and mates place up bush. also got some choas space marines coming in the mail (also off ebay)

Some half painted Knights

knights.JPG

half painted dragon plus Pegasus plus griffon (all high elves)

dragon.JPG

plus space marines of the web

marines.JPG

image.jpeg

A crane for my next terrain project.

Some hard drive and printer parts and glue and a not so steady hand.

Reverse:
3eaecd6ab0f3b8cf25841115a848131f.jpg

Took me days to work out how to assemble the pieces into this. In the end it was just 9 pieces glued and took me hardly any time to execute.

Last edited:
While I'm waiting for the spray paint to dry so that I can do the last bit of airbrush on this month's terrain, here's what I did last month

QU9EyCO.jpg

15mm scale Q huts

wSrIrsM.jpg

28mm scale supercomputer, and custom billboards named for friends

NmP0uSS.jpg

28mm shipping containers turned budget frontier housing

EGbHgyd.jpg

MKAIPmI.jpg

Or3FvpL.jpg

jvwwCx2.jpg

cEVjdsj.jpg

Laser fences, angled gate and corners, and a drilling platform coincidentally well sized to hold wine or beer. Posed with minis to enter a special random draw competition, which I won! Prize was $75 worth of stuff from http://worldsmithindustries.com/

Trying to stick some plastic stuff together with Revell contacta professional yet nothing seems to be staying together.

I'm probably doing something noobie but you guys have problems like this?

What NT said.

Try getting some Zap a Gap - basically superglue but it works great to bond and fill small gaps. Mainly what I used on my crane above.

$10-$15 a bottle but I haven't finished my first one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah worked amazing. Softens the glue as well so if you get cheap stuff off eBay you just chuck them in and start a new
I mentioned earlier in this thread I am a member of a Facebook Buy Sell Swap page. The stuff on there seems pretty expensive even second hand.

But I don't do any Warhammer stuff anyway.

A walkway/barricade thingy possibly for my big project.

Plastic card, shelf liner, corrugated cardboard, homemade barbed wire, plastruct I-beam, bits from a circuit board, craft-stick thingies.

cbbd4440d3e9191babcaa05b90a95f35.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mentioned earlier in this thread I am a member of a Facebook Buy Sell Swap page. The stuff on there seems pretty expensive even second hand.

But I don't do any Warhammer stuff anyway.
Traffic revenue not high enough chief?

No two ways about it GW stuff is ridiculously overpriced. I'll see how I go with the stuff I've got but I'll probably branch out once I actually finish everything I have.

I was however very impressed by the increased detail in the models compared to 15 years ago. But I'm not going to shell out $75 for 5 terminators!!

There's a lot more options for games these days, and they're all better value for money, and tend to pay better attention to rules and balance - firstly, save those knights on horses for use with Kings of War, it's a much superior game, and the best successor to the now deceased Warhammer Fantasy.

In scifi these days, there is Dropzone Commander, Halo Ground Command, Deadzone, Infinity, Beyond the Gates of Antares, All Quiet on the Martian Front, Konflikt 47, Warpath, Mercs, Alien v Predator, Counterblast, Warzone, and for spaceships X-Wing, Star Wars Armada, Firestorm Armada, Halo Fleet Wars, and Dropfleet Commander.

Between those games, more I can't remember, the evergreen historicals sector, more coming via crowd funding or just for free, oodles of terrain from resin to lasercut, it really is a golden age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back