Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah stuff like firefighter suits seem to be tan or yellow:

View attachment 955926

Mine are supposed to be during a shift on the front line so more grime than less is probably the way to go.

View attachment 955928

Maybe a drybrush of brown around the boots and lower legs/gloves to give that dirty been walking around in the dirt look.

Then you can highlight back the other parts and leave the agrax in the recesses

Yellow and white are just difficult. make the paint really watery / thin, like a milk, then layer, layer, layer.
Do not cake it on as it'll look terrible.
As sterge says, just wash directly into the recesses to save time

Yellow and white are just difficult. make the paint really watery / thin, like a milk, then layer, layer, layer.
Do not cake it on as it'll look terrible.
As sterge says, just wash directly into the recesses to save time

Also never use white, use light grey

Although I did put another wash over the messy silver edge highlights on the masks to dull them down a bit more. And why the f is this photo flipped on its side??

D1A19F57-3D82-425B-ADC4-922C71B23126.jpeg

Stand back from your screen a few metres and tilt your head to the left.

Last edited:
Game over, man. Have to call it a day. Yellow is caking up a bit. Good enough for a game of something.

View attachment 958635

Looks great, yellow is vibrant as *. A million times better at taking pics than i am. the bases look good as well

I reckon a final drybrush or weathering pigments on the feet and lower legs to give that impression they have been trudging through dirt would look ace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been playing around with some ideas for bases my next army

Knocked these up as a POC not 100% happy with the sand colour and the 'waves' are too big but as a first trial i think it works

View attachment 961976
Yeah keep trying things out. Interested to see how you go.

But for basing and some dabs of highlight they’re done.

67D27FBD-F734-43CD-AA71-A8DDBF25D2AE.jpeg

(Then you look at the closeup and spot all sorts of s**t you have to fix.)

But from a foot away, they look fine.

I've been giving my new Creality CR-6SE 3D printer a work out
1607869904092.png

1607869447585.png

Jagdpanzer 38 "Hetzer", Jagdpanzer IV/70, KV-1s, Semovente 75/18, Char B1 bis, Heavy Tank T28/105mm Gun Motor Carriage T95/Super Heavy Tank T28, and Tank, Cruiser, MkVIII, Cromwell all in roughly 15mm scale

1607869962418.png

1607869396846.png

1607874215729.png

Making a chess set for a secret santa. As much as it's cool to look at, the rainbow metallic has proven a lot more difficult to work with than the purple, or the white I got for free with the printer.

So I'm totally hooked now. This is a really fun hobby. I've learnt some lessons along the way

1) Don't try and imitate what's on the box. They're painted by professionals - I'm not
2) Don't sweat the small mistakes
3) Be fun with colours - I recently painted some orcs blue - I thought they might come out looking like smurfs but they ended up looking pretty bad-arse
4) Shading is your friend. It hides imperfections

Here's some of my recent completions. A froghemoth (that was an absolute bugger to put together), a gelantinous cube, a remorhaz and a bone golem.

Remorhaz.jpg FrogandGolem.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back