Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Finally finished fabulous bill

IMG_20210110_204127_696.jpg

More than I’d do in a year :)

Yeah i haven't done any troops since i did my eldar army so i wanted to belt out a whole heap. Only took a bit over an hour to do a dark purple from underneath, daemonette hide then a slight squid pink from above

Helps since all the daemons are similar colour skin

So my plan in airbrushing everything was so i could batch paint the daemonettes and hellstriders and get stuff done, because i haven't done any bulk units for a while

So obviously I did the chariot first...

20210501_121625.jpg

Last edited:
After getting The Forbidden Psalm rules PDF - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/351472/Forbidden-Psalm - I had an idea for a setting for a miniatures game.

I think I might call it Demonscape.

You are a person who wakes up in a world where demons dwell. The demons are often giants, and generally do two things - fight each other and torture people.

Your job is to group up with others and survive. You need to scavenge food and shelter and avoid being captured by demons. Your ultimate goal might be to escape this nightmare world. I think encounters might involve fighting other groups while avoiding demons fighting each other or hunting people. So a scenario might involve playing amidst demons battling, avoiding being noticed or stepped on or run through with a demon-sized skewer.

I am more inspired by the look of the place - inhospitable, strewn with broken demon weapons and out of scale for humans. Structures are whatever demons have magic-ed up but nothing more complicated than angular slabs of concrete or stone, metal bars and chains. They don't need to decorate their structures, they are mainly for defense or shelter while fighting and hunting.

My youngest son and I have been making pieces for the setting out of the piles of foam I have saved up over the years. Straight bits of sprue for the iron bars.

Everything should look as though it has been raised up and had metal stabbed through it.

0D208D21-743C-4AD2-AC5F-C8D8FDAE93E9.jpeg

After getting The Forbidden Psalm rules PDF - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/351472/Forbidden-Psalm - I had an idea for a setting for a miniatures game.

I think I might call it Demonscape.

You are a person who wakes up in a world where demons dwell. The demons are often giants, and generally do two things - fight each other and torture people.

Your job is to group up with others and survive. You need to scavenge food and shelter and avoid being captured by demons. Your ultimate goal might be to escape this nightmare world. I think encounters might involve fighting other groups while avoiding demons fighting each other or hunting people. So a scenario might involve playing amidst demons battling, avoiding being noticed or stepped on or run through with a demon-sized skewer.

I am more inspired by the look of the place - inhospitable, strewn with broken demon weapons and out of scale for humans. Structures are whatever demons have magic-ed up but nothing more complicated than angular slabs of concrete or stone, metal bars and chains. They don't need to decorate their structures, they are mainly for defense or shelter while fighting and hunting.

I like it, kickstarter link?

Back