Pakistan series Test Squad discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

So the selectors seem to think cartwright is a batting all rounder though he barely takes a wicket and they think agar can be an all rounder though he has a batting average under 30. Honestly do they even watch shield cricket or do they just get on the turps before the selection meetings?

They should take note of how in the 90s and even now england have stuffed themselves up by picking bits and pieces allrounders who are not very good. We shouldnt do the same.

So the selectors seem to think cartwright is a batting all rounder though he barely takes a wicket and they think agar can be an all rounder though he has a batting average under 30. Honestly do they even watch shield cricket or do they just get on the turps before the selection meetings?

They should take note of how in the 90s and even now england have stuffed themselves up by picking bits and pieces allrounders who are not very good. We shouldnt do the same.

Yep. Very puzzling. Neither Agar or Cartwright are test number 6 batsmen. They'll struggle to score the runs that Mitch Marsh was at 6. Moronic selections.

Yep. Very puzzling. Neither Agar or Cartwright are test number 6 batsmen. They'll struggle to score the runs that Mitch Marsh was at 6. Moronic selections.

I thought mitch marsh needed to go but at least replace him with players who are better rather than worse than him.

Why exactly have we gone back to having an all rounder when we clearly don't have a test standard all rounder right now?

Regardless, I think Agar comes in for Maddo. Wade will likely have to bat top 6.

Why is Wade going up to 6 when he's averaging a grand total of about 4 after his recall!

Just play Cartright. Then have SOK/Agar in for Bird. Won't need more than 2 quicks in Sydney

Because it'll annoy you :sunglasses:
Bloody hell you're pumping up Cartwright something shocking.

Maybe pump up players that deserve to earn their first Baggy Green?

At least it makes more sense than picking Agar to bat 7 and an out of form Wade to bat 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least it makes more sense than picking Agar to bat 7 and an out of form Wade to bat 6.

Maybe we pick a number 6 that deserves it. Don't think Cartwright does, especially if they intend to use him as an all rounder as his bowling shows that's a tenuous reason.

Stop bringing other players into the equation to make the decision look better. It's not a great selection and not overly deserved. The obsession with all rounders is hilarious given we don't have a good one in the country.

I'd rather try Cartwright with one eye to India and beyond.

I'd rather try Cartwright with one eye to India and beyond.

What a haphazard selection policy. Let's pick a guy for the sake of it. He isn't a test standard all rounder. If India is on the mind just pick Marsh. Novel idea I know. "I'd rather try", you cannot seriously think that's reason enough to pick Cartwright at 6.

It's pretty clear we are 'obsessed' with an allrounder again not because of those old Flintoff undertones, but because the epidemic of fast bowlers who are injured Australia-wide right now.

If we had, say, Pattinson able to rotate in and give Starc a rest I daresay Cartwright would not be in discussions.

We need to sort out the fast bowling fraternity, that's where these selections are stemming from.

I don't think Hilton is ready, but he's a great kid and I hope people on here support him if he gets picked (though who am I kidding, every mistake he makes will be met with abuse and laughter I'm sure)

How bloody desperate are we though then if we're picking a guy who's bowling is barely holding its own at shield level.

Need to get DK back in the set up. No more sports science mumbo jumbo. Bowling, bowling and more bowling. They break down more now and they bowl less.

They don't play as many tour matches, don't play grade cricket and shield cricket in between and yet they get injured more now than back then. Spoonful of cement and make them bowl more. Not less.

Why is Wade going up to 6 when he's averaging a grand total of about 4 after his recall!

Just play Cartright. Then have SOK/Agar in for Bird. Won't need more than 2 quicks in Sydney

fun fact. Maddinson scored more test runs in 2016 than Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back