Pakistan series Test Squad discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nevill seems to bat well higher up the order for NSW

So how about bat him at 6 and Faulkner at 7?

Or if we are sticking with Wade just bat him there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Locks

Starc
Hazlewood
Khawaja
Warner
Smith

Should Play

Handscomb
Bird (Like his Swing)

New Players

Stoinis
Patterson

Out

Renshaw (12 Man)
Maddinson

Spinners

Holland

So My Team

Warner, Khawaja, Stoinis, Smith, Habdscomb, Patterson, Wade, Starc, Hazlewood, Holland, Bird
Renshaw, Maxwell (12-13 Men)
Pls no Stoinis, shouldn't even be playing Shield.

Nevill seems to bat well higher up the order for NSW

So how about bat him at 6 and Faulkner at 7?

Or if we are sticking with Wade just bat him there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that because he is batting higher though or because the quality of bowling is worse?

I've just got a bad feeling they're going to drop Renshaw for Marsh. Not sure why - maybe it's just my disillusion with cricket selection in this country.

Everything crossed that I'm wrong.

I really hope not. Renshaw didn't do anything wrong, and we should have one eye on the Ashes in 12 months time. We cannot keep chopping and changing our XI.

Forget all-rounders. None are currently Test standard.

100% this.
Until there is an all-rounder available that is of test match standard, then we shouldn't worry about selecting one.

100% this.
Until there is an all-rounder available that is of test match standard, then we shouldn't worry about selecting one.
But how long has everyone* been saying that for? Years! Is there any actual suggestion that selection policy has changed?

* By "everyone" I of course mean everyone that's not on the CA payroll.

100% this.

I like this

Rod Marsh dislikes this

Rod Marsh likes batsmen who can bowl and bowlers who can bat and guys who can do little bits of each but neither very well

1 Renshawn
2 Warner
3 Kahwaja
4 Smith
5 Madison
6 Handscomb
7 Wade
8 Lyon
9 Hazlewood
10 Starc
11 Bird

Backup:
Maxwell, Sayers, Agar, S Marsh (if desperate)

May as well stick to the current strategy that worked in Adelaide.

1 Renshawn
2 Warner
3 Kahwaja
4 Smith
5 Madison
6 Handscomb
7 Wade
8 Lyon
9 Hazlewood
10 Starc
11 Bird

Backup:

Not sure Maddinson is getting a promotion to 5 above handscombe is he

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Renshawn
2 Warner
3 Kahwaja
4 Smith
5 Madison
6 Handscomb
7 Wade
8 Lyon
9 Hazlewood
10 Starc
11 Bird

Backup:

Christ, is Shaun Marsh seriously in that much disregard?

He comes back when he's fit, so maybe Boxing Day but likely Sydney. Honestly after the Sri Lanka ton he should be one of the first picked for India.

The team for Perth will go unchanged, unless Maddinson is a scapegoat to get Voges back in.

Christ, is Shaun Marsh seriously in that much disregard?

He comes back when he's fit, so maybe Boxing Day but likely Sydney. Honestly after the Sri Lanka ton he should be one of the first picked for India.

The team for Perth will go unchanged, unless Maddinson is a scapegoat to get Voges back in.
God I hope we don't bring Voges back in fraud of the highest order, not once has he made runs when we needed them fossil down hill skiing hack

I agree there isn't an all rounder deserving of a Test spot but I think Faulkner is closest and they should be working with him to get him ready.
I agree, and they do this by leaving him out of the one day series and giving him a whole shield season at 6. The Boy has missed so much shield cricket by being asked to pony around all over the place for odis and t20s and its really hurt his development.

On Galaxy Nexus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did it in his debut Test, for a start.

That would be have to be the only time. Should've been dropped after the Ashes when it was clear he wasn't going to be the next Chris Rogers. We should've been doing what we did in the third Test last year against weak opposition, instead the selectors played it safe and we faced the consequences in the first two Tests this summer.

Well Maddinson (80) outscored Patterson (0) day one of the shield, my reactionary recency bias believes selectors made the right call ;)

Khawaja (147*) is in some kind of form. A joke that he wasn't part of Lehmann's "safe" group after Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back