Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland (3 Tests, 2 T20Is)

Remove this Banner Ad

You must be kidding.
Ireland are rarely better than England in the rugby scene. Look at what England have won in rugby compared to Ireland.
Um, Ireland are the reigning 6 Nations title holders and have 3 of the last 5 crowns champ.
They’ve also won 4 of the last 10, making them the most successful.

Having none of England’s history in the sport I highly doubt they will ever catch them for overall achievements but pretty sure right now they can claim bragging rights.

They’re also ranked 2 in the world.

Unsurprising that it’s two of their most bankable players bailing them out of trouble in Shafiq and Sarfraz.

They have a gem of a keeper-batsman. If he were Indian/English/Australian he’d be a global superstar.

Not for long. Both out in quick succession wafting outside off, 6/159.

Um, Ireland are the reigning 6 Nations title holders and have 3 of the last 5 crowns champ.
They’ve also won 4 of the last 10, making them the most successful.

Having none of England’s history in the sport I highly doubt they will ever catch them for overall achievements but pretty sure right now they can claim bragging rights.

They’re also ranked 2 in the world.
It's a shame Martin McGuiness didn't live to see this, he was Irish cricket's most unlikely champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gritty knock from Wilson to bring some semblance of respectability to the scorecard. Very likeable team the Irish, kind of like the kiwis without the commentators and Brendan McCullum telling you how they're such good blokes every 2 minutes.

I went along on Saturday - beautiful day for it and a special moment being there for the first ball of Ireland's test adventure.

Saturday's play was pretty even by normal test match standards. Murtagh bowled absolutely beautifully, both economical and threatening and looked right at home in the test environment. Kane's selection was baffling at the time and having watched him bowl I can't for the life of me see what he brings over McCarthy or Chase. Shafiq and Ashraf batted very well and exposed the lack of a proper fourth bowling option (either spin or a proper seamer).

Batting is the same old failings again. Lots of starts, with no ability to bring it on to a big score. Hopefully we can push on to set at least a hundred or so to win, bur with Sterling now gone as well it's probably unlikely. Amir, Abbas and Shadab have too much quality

I went along on Saturday - beautiful day for it and a special moment being there for the first ball of Ireland's test adventure.

Saturday's play was pretty even by normal test match standards. Murtagh bowled absolutely beautifully, both economical and threatening and looked right at home in the test environment. Kane's selection was baffling at the time and having watched him bowl I can't for the life of me see what he brings over McCarthy or Chase. Shafiq and Ashraf batted very well and exposed the lack of a proper fourth bowling option (either spin or a proper seamer).

Batting is the same old failings again. Lots of starts, with no ability to bring it on to a big score. Hopefully we can push on to set at least a hundred or so to win, bur with Sterling now gone as well it's probably unlikely. Amir, Abbas and Shadab have too much quality

Watching some of it just made me want to go back to Ireland desperately. Malahide is beautiful

Watching some of it just made me want to go back to Ireland desperately. Malahide is beautiful

Yeah it's a great setting and easily accessible from town. After all the rain on Friday, Saturday was an absolute cracker of a day.
Unfortunately Malahide is not really sustainable as a long term venue as it's all temporary stands and I doubt they'd get planning approval for anything permanent.

I haven't had a chance to see any of it but it looks like that start to the first innings with the bat is going to haunt Ireland. They probably wouldn't have got result anyway, but it will sit there as a "what if".
That's the thing they will hopefully learn. It is five days, but a bad half hour (especially when batting) can be very costly.

If Ireland can manage to bat out the first session, the draw will look a very likely result.

If they can edge the lead to about 180, it would be ideal for a result to happen in their favour.

Pakistan could have another Day 5 MCG collapse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back