Pakistan tour of SA

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #1
Just having a look at the state of the tour match in Benoni.

There’s a kid batting for SA XI on 80-odd not out, off about 115 balls, Joshua Richards.

He’s 19, before this match he’s played 5 first class games.....

4 centuries and a 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #2
Has a century and a 50 in 5 list A games too.

Richard Pryor

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just having a look at the state of the tour match in Benoni.

There’s a kid batting for SA XI on 80-odd not out, off about 115 balls, Joshua Richards.

He’s 19, before this match he’s played 5 first class games.....

4 centuries and a 50
Not to take anything away from him, but he has so far only played in South Africa's second tier 3-Day FC comp (in Australian terms, probably closer to Grade Cricket than Shield Cricket in quality). He does not seem to be in the Lions squad yet (since he plays for Gauteng he'll likely end up playing for the Lions in the Sunfoil Series).

Last edited:

Ishikawa

Senior List
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I checked out Richards form line too after seeing the scores, as mentioned it's second tier domestic cricket but very promising signs early on and has also represented the national U19's.

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #5
Not to take anything away from him, but he has so far only played in South Africa's second tier 3-Day FC comp (in Australian terms, probably closer to Grade Cricket than Shield Cricket in quality). He does not seem to be in the Lions squad yet (since he plays for Gauteng he'll likely end up playing for the Lions in the Sunfoil Series).
Yeah I figured as much as there wasn’t a lot of news stuff available on him. Bloody good way to start though - and 98 off 120 against a touring test side is a pretty good sign that he’s legit

Pera

Josh Thomas #24
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Ackerman tonning up also who is just 22.

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
In case anyone was wondering where Mark Nicholas ended up, he's commenting this series. Kind of miss him here.
He commentates over there all the time, it’s not really a case of “where he ended up.”

That said, I was pretty bummed out when I heard him, it hadn’t occurred to me that we weren’t altogether rid of this wanker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woody15

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agreed. Steyn is one of my all-time favourite quicks.

Quite like the look of this Duanne Olivier. Couple of brute deliveries.

t_94

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
He commentates over there all the time, it’s not really a case of “where he ended up.”

That said, I was pretty bummed out when I heard him, it hadn’t occurred to me that we weren’t altogether rid of this wanker.
Do you realise how much he knows about cricket? Whats his supposed crime, being a bit posh?

SHAKESPEARE

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, NY Mets
Rabada has a lovely flow. Easy on the eye.

Pakistan are junk

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
There is no way Shan Masood and Imam-ul-Haq are among the best batsmen in Pakistani cricket. Not sure about their bowling attack either.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
South African pace bowling just keeps on going. Duanne Olivier with four, Pakistan 6/87.

frankrizzo

Norm Smith Medallist
We used to boast about our depth but sa are the real deal, they lose morkel and Abbott long term then Philander and ngidi for this series and the bloke who comes in takes a 5 wicket haul.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
We used to boast about our depth but sa are the real deal, they lose morkel and Abbott long term then Philander and ngidi for this series and the bloke who comes in takes a 5 wicket haul.
Although like us, they're a bit light on for batsmen.

Top Bottom