Pakistan tour of SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just having a look at the state of the tour match in Benoni.

There’s a kid batting for SA XI on 80-odd not out, off about 115 balls, Joshua Richards.

He’s 19, before this match he’s played 5 first class games.....

4 centuries and a 50
Not to take anything away from him, but he has so far only played in South Africa's second tier 3-Day FC comp (in Australian terms, probably closer to Grade Cricket than Shield Cricket in quality). He does not seem to be in the Lions squad yet (since he plays for Gauteng he'll likely end up playing for the Lions in the Sunfoil Series).

Last edited:

Yeah I checked out Richards form line too after seeing the scores, as mentioned it's second tier domestic cricket but very promising signs early on and has also represented the national U19's.

Not to take anything away from him, but he has so far only played in South Africa's second tier 3-Day FC comp (in Australian terms, probably closer to Grade Cricket than Shield Cricket in quality). He does not seem to be in the Lions squad yet (since he plays for Gauteng he'll likely end up playing for the Lions in the Sunfoil Series).

Yeah I figured as much as there wasn’t a lot of news stuff available on him. Bloody good way to start though - and 98 off 120 against a touring test side is a pretty good sign that he’s legit

In case anyone was wondering where Mark Nicholas ended up, he's commenting this series. Kind of miss him here.

He commentates over there all the time, it’s not really a case of “where he ended up.”

That said, I was pretty bummed out when I heard him, it hadn’t occurred to me that we weren’t altogether rid of this w***er.

Agreed. Steyn is one of my all-time favourite quicks.

Quite like the look of this Duanne Olivier. Couple of brute deliveries.

He commentates over there all the time, it’s not really a case of “where he ended up.”

That said, I was pretty bummed out when I heard him, it hadn’t occurred to me that we weren’t altogether rid of this w***er.
Do you realise how much he knows about cricket? Whats his supposed crime, being a bit posh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back