Pakistan tour of SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Will reserve total judgement until the end of the respective tests, but as first days go the two concurrent games either side of the ditch were far more enjoyable to watch.

Am really liking Olivier, he has stepped up considerably after a very reasonable but fairly inconspicuous start to his international career. Reminds me a bit of Abbott.

Michael Holding commentating makes this match even better, that guy's voice is SO good. Love listening to Pommie Mbangwa as well.
Quite evenly poised at the moment, but I am expecting Pakistan to collapse. Let's hope that doesn't happen as I would love to see Pakistan win this test match.
EDIT: What a shot that was by Imam ul-Haq!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am really liking Olivier, he has stepped up considerably after a very reasonable but fairly inconspicuous start to his international career. Reminds me a bit of Abbott.

Pretty amazing the depth of pace bowling talent South Africa have available, considering this guy has just taken 11 wickets in a Test, but probably isn't among their top 3-4 pace bowlers when everyone is fit (assuming the pecking order is something like Steyn, Rabada, Philander, Ngidi these days).

Head coach Mickey Arthur fostering another healthy team culture:
https://tribune.com.pk/story/187614...-mickey-arthur-throws-fit-pakistans-collapse/
KARACHI: Pakistan’s second-dig collapse in the 1st Test against South Africa triggered a verbal slugfest between the coach and the captain with Mickey Arthur allegedly hurling profanities at senior batsmen, according to sources.
Coach Mickey Arthur was incensed by the poor show of Pakistani batsmen, sources told Cricket Pakistan by the phone from Centurion. When the team gathered in the dressing room, Arthur started yelling at Captain Sarfraz Ahmed and batsmen Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali.

In a fit of anger, Arthur threw things, slammed doors, and banged walls, according to sources. He believed that Pakistan has squandered away a golden opportunity to clinch a Test series against South Africa on their soil.
Coach Mickey Arthur was angry at the collapse of Pakistani batting line-up following a comparatively better start. He accused the batsmen of giving away their wickets, sources said. They added that the ugly incident was reported to Ehsan Mani, the chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), who is also in Centurion.

Given the nature of the angry brawl, the management might have to sack either Coach Mickey Arthur or Captain Sarfraz Ahmed, according to sources. However, the management is unlikely to take such a decision until the end of the ongoing series.

Mickey Arthur, who has also coached South Africa and Australia in the past, had also developed differences with players in the two teams. In the past, Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal had also accused Arthur of hurling profanities at players.

Deadset dickhead nuking another side with his s**t man management.

Head coach Mickey Arthur fostering another healthy team culture:
https://tribune.com.pk/story/187614...-mickey-arthur-throws-fit-pakistans-collapse/

Deadset dickhead nuking another side with his s**t man management.

I don’t necessarily agree with this sort of approach but do you really think during certain successful eras of Australian cricket, that this sort of thing didn’t happen? Border and Simpson for example? Maybe not to that extent but certainly they wouldn’t have hidden from explicitly delivering some home truths from time to time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back