Pakistan v Australia 1st Test at Dubai, Oct 7-11

Remove this Banner Ad

Pakistan paying a VERY generous $2 for the win on SPortsbet about 10 mins before the game after toss.

Looks like a brutal toil ahead for the bowlers

Holland about as threatening as a wet Transperth ticket.

And some people wonder why he wasn’t picked in a few tests before. He’s so ordinary. Almost rather Agar- at least he can bat!

I wouldn't mind seeing Lyon bowl from the other end. Seems to be a lot more rough to bowl at from that end.

a busted & uncared for Shield, a culture of bad techniques and a shallow talent pool? Yep.

Got it in one. Sheffield Shield used to be the envy of every other cricketing nation for the way it nurtured cricketing talent, and yet Cricket Australia has ignored it for way too long and is now paying the price for their negligence. AFL is doing the same to local leagues and will also pay the price when the time comes.

The only thing that is really annoying me about this Test is how beautifully grassed the outfield is and not one blade of grass on the "pitch". It's disgraceful they can get away with it. The ball's only 30 overs old and looks like a rag doll.

Got it in one. Sheffield Shield used to be the envy of every other cricketing nation for the way it nurtured cricketing talent, and yet Cricket Australia has ignored it for way too long and is now paying the price for their negligence. AFL is doing the same to local leagues and will also pay the price when the time comes.

The only thing that is really annoying me about this Test is how beautifully grassed the outfield is and not one blade of grass on the "pitch". It's disgraceful they can get away with it. The ball's only 30 overs old and looks like a rag doll.

Can't blame them, they are bound to want a flat wicket with a bit of rough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you expect Australia to greet India with a raging dust bowl this summer? Well why expect Pakistan to present some sort of fast bowler favouring deck in their surrogate home? At any rate, what the square looks like compared to the outfield isn’t relevant anyway given that the type of grass, soil and maintenance is completely different for both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back