Pakistan v Australia 1st Test at Dubai, Oct 7-11

Remove this Banner Ad

You complain Smith is a multi millionaire and then say Lillie is a regular bloke? righto mate.
What's your point, my point is that Smith has grown up playing cricket, getting coached, going to the academy ect ,he doesn'tknow anything about having a regular job, makes easy money and hasn't got the character or the brains to tell a player not to use sandpaper.He's as boring as bat s**t and although he scores heaps of runs , is not enjoyable to watch.He's like a giant crab with stiff arms, fidgeting and adjusting his box every 30 seconds.Nothing endearing about him at all .Has no understanding of how Australians view their cricket team. Not to mention his pathetic blubbering press conference.Be a man Steve and I'm not talking about the tears, it's about the disrepect he shows other nations and umpires.

What's your point, my point is that Smith has grown up playing cricket, getting coached, going to the academy ect ,he doesn'tknow anything about having a regular job, makes easy money and hasn't got the character or the brains to tell a player not to use sandpaper.He's as boring as bat s**t and although he scores heaps of runs , is not enjoyable to watch.He's like a giant crab with stiff arms, fidgeting and adjusting his box every 30 seconds.Nothing endearing about him at all .Has no understanding of how Australians view their cricket team. Not to mention his pathetic blubbering press conference.Be a man Steve and I'm not talking about the tears, it's about the disrepect he shows other nations and umpires.
aaaaaaaaimages-HDKMDQMM.jpg

Warner has burnt too many bridges to easily integrate back into the side, but Smith was IMO harshly dealt with and should come straight back in - but should be permanently barred from any leadership position. He clearly isn't a strong enough leader.

Might have to go back to stocking shelves at Woolies. :p

I'm happy that this 2 test series isn't going to end 1-1. A 1-1 drawn series in a two test just feels deflating from my point of view. One team will win the series or we'll have a 0-0 drawn series where neither team will have deserved to win the series.

I wouldn't be too pissed off if Dave Warner never plays for Australia again. The reverend stuff he was running with was an act, an act he couldn't maintain. Bancroft and Smith will be back in the team but I'd like to see them earn their place back, not have it handed to them on a plate.

lmao at anyone that thinks Smiff just doesn't come straight in. Paine stays skipper though.

And Warner too. We don't have a zillion blokes averaging 50+ in domestic cricket keeping him out. We can ship the Marsh brothers off and replace them with these two. I'd like to see someone like Turner get a chance this year sometime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Warner too. We don't have a zillion blokes averaging 50+ in domestic cricket keeping him out. We can ship the Marsh brothers off and replace them with these two. I'd like to see someone like Turner get a chance this year sometime.

Agar is a head of Turner which is going to hurt him, i would expect Mitch Marsh would on his last legs and Agar comes into the team as the "all rounder". But i've been wrong before on the Marshes they obviously know where the bodies are buried.

Marsh is the vice captain, he won't be going anywhere.

That can easily be changed- unfortunately you are right just being Marsh gift wraps him more tests to be as useless as ever

Agar is a head of Turner which is going to hurt him, i would expect Mitch Marsh would on his last legs and Agar comes into the team as the "all rounder". But i've been wrong before on the Marshes they obviously know where the bodies are buried.

Don’t rate Agar’s batting enough. If I want an AR I want him first and foremost to be able to bat 5-6, not sure Agar will be much more than a 7. I do like Agar as a second spinner though

while dropping someone straight after their debut is generally not good process, Labuschagne looked a long way out of his depth at test level and i'd be moving Finch to 6 and bringing Renshaw back in.
I reckon you move Smarsh back to 5 and MMarsh to 6, which is their preferred positions. That does leave you the problem of 3, so probably Finch at 3, Head at 4.

while dropping someone straight after their debut is generally not good process, Labuschagne looked a long way out of his depth at test level and i'd be moving Finch to 6 and bringing Renshaw back in.
I reckon you move Smarsh back to 5 and MMarsh to 6, which is their preferred positions. That does leave you the problem of 3, so probably Finch at 3, Head at 4.

Any words on potential changes for the second Test? Is Renshaw a chance?

Reckon no one should be dropped.

Maybe move Head to 4 and everyone else down but that's it.

Depends on whether you think he can bat at 6. Doubt they'll be keen to breakup the Finch/Khawaja partnership

Put him at 3. Head at 4, and the least worst Marsh brother at 5. I'd keep Laubashgne at 6 as his leg spinners were very handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back