Pakistan v Australia 1st Test at Dubai, Oct 7-11

Remove this Banner Ad

Beyond ridiculous after a fighting draw in a match everyone expected us to lose? We know you have it in for Langer and the Marshes, but let's not succumb to hyperbole.

Maybe because they keep getting gifted games despite failing over and over again. I mean our test number 4 averages 27! Yes that's right our number four! Actually don't mind SMarsh at 5, he's the better of the two and has done it under pressure on occasions.

Renshaw at 3 suits our side.

Don’t rate Agar’s batting enough. If I want an AR I want him first and foremost to be able to bat 5-6, not sure Agar will be much more than a 7. I do like Agar as a second spinner though

imho Agar hasn't been taking his batting seriously enough, too much t20 hit and giggle where he comes in and slogs in the last 5 overs.

in spite of the Marshes getting a pair between them in the last innings when we needed them the most?
I was referring to his suggestion that Langer has somehow used up all his credits if he doesn't make a change.

It wasn't either Marshes best game, that's for sure, but their recent record is sound and they ain't going anywhere (though I would like to see them in their proper spot in the order).

imho Agar hasn't been taking his batting seriously enough, too much t20 hit and giggle where he comes in and slogs in the last 5 overs.

Agreed he’s a better bat than he’s been showing.

Surely it would depend on the pitch you would think this pitch will be more spin friendly.

Surely Lyon, Head and Laubashgne is enough. After Lyon the others are all meh. Rather Agar play ahead of Holland anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have though that Holland and Lyon playing was a certainty bar injury.

lel at Labuschagne's bowling being worth selection consideration. He played because Renshaw was injured. Renshaw is now fit so Labuschagne misses.

To be fair his leggies were very dangerous, and we don't have many bats (apart from Head) that bowl part time spin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back