Pakistan v Australia 1st Test at Dubai, Oct 7-11

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia's first post sandpapergate Test finds us in the Middle East playing Pakistan. We've named three debutants in Head, Finch and Labuschagne and it will be interesting to see how they perform, the Pakistan side looks to be weaker than the one we saw here a couple of years ago so there some hope for us there. Expecting the pitch to be a raging turner which will mean a lot of work for Holland and Lyon and our batsman will have to occupy the crease and accumulate runs. Should be an intriguing game.

On paper this series could get pretty ugly, hopefully we play above ourselves.

I’m hopeful. Pakistan are flaky and the UAE hasn’t been as much of a fortress lately. Wouldn’t be surprised by a drawn series at least.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting to see how Holland goes. Was expecting they'd go with O'Keffe and/or Agar again. Bit good on him his whinging last summer actually worked (and can backfire spectacularly) Desrves a go.

Batting looks really weak. Thou all it takes is one of the hitters to have a day out and Kahwaja or one of the others to build a strong innings. Alternatively wouldn't surprise to see them get rolled for sub 150 in 2 sessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Man, I feel so bad for Pakistan.

They can't get a good crowd due to all the migrants working till late in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Nice start for Sidds

Mohammed Hafeez?
Far out, surprised that he's back at test level

I assumed it was just another bloke called Mohammed Hafeez, did a massive double take.

Good start by Sidds, reckon we'll have the cordon in helmets before too long, not a lot of life in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back