Pakistan v Australia 5 ODIs

Remove this Banner Ad

This has actually been a good bowling effort. Despite two big innings they never took the game away from us, and this is without Cummins. Bodes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see how we won’t at least make the WC final.

South Africa? They’ll choke.
England? They’ll England like they do in every sport.
West Indies? They’re not ready.
New Zealand? They’re too nice.
India is the only concern.

Two of their top 4 make 100s and they lose.

Pathetic effort, just seemed like no urgency.

7 overs to go, 7 wickets left, RRR 7

And they fall 7 short of victory

Just the 4th time ever that an ODI match has been lost with two centurions.

Pretty remarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does a team need 17 off the last over when in the following position:

END OF OVER:40 | 9 Runs | PAK: 212/2
(66 runs required from 60 balls, RRR: 6.60)
Abid Ali 108 (115b)
Mohammad Rizwan 77 (77b)

Not in a test match again! That was the single worst selection in our history and boy we've had some bad ones.

Renshaw missing out for that campaigner in the UAE was the worst selection ever. Leaving a kid out with 6 tons and 4 50’s in the 5 months prior for a bloke whose first class coach never considered him an opener. Absolute disgrace and it annoys me that more people werent annoyed

No it wasn’t, he was the teams best batsman in his first series so it is not a poor decision let alone worst in history

Renshaw had 6 tons and 4 50’s in the months leading up to the UAE series. It was a ******* disgrace Finch played ahead of him.

How does a team need 17 off the last over when in the following position:

END OF OVER:40 | 9 Runs | PAK: 212/2
(66 runs required from 60 balls, RRR: 6.60)
Abid Ali 108 (115b)
Mohammad Rizwan 77 (77b)
Easy explained. 6.66 was tough asking rate on that wicket. All they had at that moment was momentum of two batsmen in form at crease that used to pace of pitch. Once we got one or two out was always going to be tough for Pakistan to finish it off with new batsmen coming in.
Hats off to the two Paki bats for getting them in a position like that to start with. Good even performance by the Aussies. Still concerned at top of our bating order but nevertheless, winning form is good habit to get into. Hopefully wickets in England are not just flat as our pace bowling group have enough fire power to do a lot of damage. Basically played our 7th to 8th pace bowlers in pecking order and got job done. This World Cup is as wide open as I ever seen in my life.

Renshaw had 6 tons and 4 50’s in the months leading up to the UAE series. It was a ******* disgrace Finch played ahead of him.

He also got concussed, again, during the warmup game and that would have thrown a lot of doubt by the selectors whether he would be right to go

Finch was the safer option and it was the right call in the end

Granted it is a weakened Pakistan team but very pleasing to see Australia rounding into some good ODI form ahead of the World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back