ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
The hot and sunny UAE. The players are gonna love this coming off an Aussie winter.

Oct 5: Only T20I
Australian Squad: Aaron Finch, Sean Abbott, Cameron Boyce, Pat Cummins, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Mitch Marsh (Inj.), Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, David Warner, Phil Hughes (replacing Shane Watson).

Oct 7, 10, 12: 3 ODI series
Squad: Bailey, Abbott, Faulkner, Finch, Haddin, Hughes, Johnson, Lyon, Marsh, Maxwell, Richardson, Smith, Starc, Warner

Oct 15-18: Tour match, Pakistan A vs Australians

Oct 22-26, Oct 30-Nov 3: 2 test series
Squad: Clarke, Doolan, Haddin, Hilfenhaus, Hughes, Johnson, Lyon, Marsh, Maxwell, O'Keefe, Rogers, Siddle, Smith, Starc, Warner

Who you got for the 1st test line up? Pretty sure Clarke wont be there. Confident Mitch Marsh will be. Where's Pattinson?

Rogers
Warner
Hughes
Smith
Marsh
Haddin
O'Keefe
Johnson
Starc
Hilfenhaus
Lyon

Who you got for the 1st test line up? Pretty sure Clarke wont be there. Confident Mitch Marsh will be. Where's Pattinson?

Rogers
Warner
Hughes
Smith
Marsh
Haddin
O'Keefe
Johnson
Starc
Hilfenhaus
Lyon
O'Keefe at 8? No chance.

If Marsh is fit...(I'm confident Clarke will be)

Rogers
Warner
Hughes/Doolan
Clarke (c)
Smith
Marsh
Haddin (+)
O'Keefe
Johnson
Lyon
Siddle

If Mitch misses out... IN - Maxwell, Starc OUT - Marsh, O'Keefe

O'Keefe at 8? No chance.

If Marsh is fit...(I'm confident Clarke will be)

Rogers
Warner
Hughes/Doolan
Clarke (c)
Smith
Marsh
Haddin (+)
O'Keefe
Johnson
Lyon
Siddle

If Mitch misses out... IN - Maxwell, Starc OUT - Marsh, O'Keefe

O'Keefe, Johnson, Starc is a pretty strong middle/lower order I was thinking - O'Keefe and Mitch Marsh average the same with the bat in first class cricket

O'Keefe, Johnson, Starc is a pretty strong middle/lower order I was thinking - O'Keefe and Mitch Marsh average the same with the bat in first class cricket
Marsh's last 12 months or so have shown his true potential with the blade. Much higher than O'Keefe, who is a solid number 8.

Averages are a good way to start sorting out players but ultimately a crap think to make selections on.

Marsh is a young player who spent a few years getting selected on potential. He would have the occasional decent performance.

Over the last year he averages near 50 with the bat in first class cricket. He finally gained the consistency in his game.

Woah, I didn't mean to downplay Marsh's talent and potential, I don't think there is any doubting this having watched him play in person and destroy various state and club attacks, it was to highlight O'Keefe's ability with the bat. An average of 28.00 is credible, and I believe could possibly warrant him to bat at 7. Haddin certainly has the form and ability to bat higher up the order, and I think its unfair that he is left to swag it out with the tail when other pure batsmen like Hughes and Doolan haven't proved enough to warrant batting in the coveted and vital number 3 position.

Woah, I didn't mean to downplay Marsh's talent and potential, I don't think there is any doubting this having watched him play in person and destroy various state and club attacks, it was to highlight O'Keefe's ability with the bat. An average of 28.00 is credible, and I believe could possibly warrant him to bat at 7. Haddin certainly has the form and ability to bat higher up the order, and I think its unfair that he is left to swag it out with the tail when other pure batsmen like Hughes and Doolan haven't proved enough to warrant batting in the coveted and vital number 3 position.

I like O'Keefe and I'm hoping he gets a start in both test matches. I don't even mind if he doesn't do well, it's just that with his state record he could have been given a shot at the big time years ago.

Haddin hasn't got the form. He was pretty much missing in SA. He wasn't up to much in the one dayers in Zim either. Haddin is 37 now, we don't need to be giving him more rather than less responsibility within the team for his batting.

I like O'Keefe and I'm hoping he gets a start in both test matches. I don't even mind if he doesn't do well, it's just that with his state record he could have been given a shot at the big time years ago.

Haddin hasn't got the form. He was pretty much missing in SA. He wasn't up to much in the one dayers in Zim either. Haddin is 37 now, we don't need to be giving him more rather than less responsibility within the team for his batting.

Yep fair call, just saw the stats and realised how bad he did in SA. Still for some reason I feel more confident with him playing higher up if Clarke is injured than the various possible combinations of Hughes, Doolan, Marsh and Maxwell making up a shaky middle order. Id have more confidence picking up a rat from a road side stall in Bali and eating it.

If they want to give him less responsibility and make the young guys step up - well where is Sam Whiteman then, and how bout giving the next captain Smith a go in a leadership position?

Rogers
Warner
Doolan
Clarke
Smith
Marsh
Haddin
O'Keefe
Johnson
Siddle
Lyon

For the 1st test anyway.

T20I Australian Squad IMO
Finch
Warner
Hughes
Maxwell
Smith
Haddin
Faulkner
Starc
Cummins
Boyce
Richardson
ODI series Squad IMO
Finch
Warner
Hughes
Maxwell
Bailey
Marsh
Haddin
Faulkner
Johnson
Starc
Lyon

Test series Squad IMO
Rogers
Doolan
Warner
Clarke
Smith
Maxwell
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Lyon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I would rather have Doolan at 2nd because if we lose a wicket it won't be Warner and you'd need Warner in the middle to bash the quicks around.

Bizarre reasoning. The best time for batting will be the early overs when the ball is hard and Pakistan's quicks are on. Warner will make the most of these overs a lot more effectively than Doolan. I'd be very surprised if we start screwing around with the order now after our strong batting performances of late.

Pattinson played his first game yesterday since injury as a batsmen for Dandenong. Not too sure when he will start bowling.

Bizarre reasoning. The best time for batting will be the early overs when the ball is hard and Pakistan's quicks are on. Warner will make the most of these overs a lot more effectively than Doolan. I'd be very surprised if we start screwing around with the order now after our strong batting performances of late.

Since the start of the home ashes warner has scored over 1000 runs and 5 tons at an average of 70, i agree would be insane to remove a bloke from opening when those have been his returns at the top lately.

Averages are a good way to start sorting out players but ultimately a crap think to make selections on.

Marsh is a young player who spent a few years getting selected on potential. He would have the occasional decent performance.

Over the last year he averages near 50 with the bat in first class cricket. He finally gained the consistency in his game.

O'Keefe's high percentage of not outs boost his average considerably too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back