Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

And he at least tries to apply himself at the crease.

His innings yesterday was exactly what Australia needs. SA needed 223 at a tick under three an over. He guided the Redbacks home with a steady, measured 65* off 124 coming in at 1/24. He anchored the innings while Cosgrove and Cooper T20ied it up at the other end.

No reverse sweeps. No ramp shots. Just a Number 3 working the ball around, rotating the strike and NOT GETTING OUT.

His innings yesterday was exactly what Australia needs. SA needed 223 at a tick under three an over. He guided the Redbacks home with a steady, measured 65* off 124 coming in at 1/24. He anchored the innings while Cosgrove and Cooper T20ied it up at the other end.

No reverse sweeps. No ramp shots. Just a Number 3 working the ball around, rotating the strike and NOT GETTING OUT.

What worries me is it seems 165 unbeaten runs in the Sheffield Shield does not seem to impress selectors as much as a head in the air 50 in 20/20.

What worries me is it seems 165 unbeaten runs in the Sheffield Shield does not seem to impress selectors as much as a head in the air 50 in 20/20.

Yep. He'll be told to go away and make more runs ... which is precisely what the numnuts in the Test side - who he should replace - aren't doing in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith averages over a hundred in 4 innings batting at 3 for NSW last year.
The gap between each level of the pyramid is getting bigger and bigger. I just don't think Smith or Clarke are No.3's. An alternate option is to drop Warner down to 3 and bring in Hughes. But I think they will give Doolan a home series to make or break him.

The gap between each level of the pyramid is getting bigger and bigger. I just don't think Smith or Clarke are No.3's. An alternate option is to drop Warner down to 3 and bring in Hughes. But I think they will give Doolan a home series to make or break him.

I have a feeling they'll go back to Watson. What do you think?

The only other way he gets a game is for them to drop Marsh who they seem to have a hard on over.

I have a feeling they'll go back to Watson. What do you think?

The only other way he gets a game is for them to drop Marsh who they seem to have a hard on over.
Not from what I was told, Watson will only be considered for No.6 if he can bowl. But who knows anymore..they just batted a T20 player with little technique and less brain at 3 in a Test.

Not from what I was told, Watson will only be considered for No.6 if he can bowl. But who knows anymore..they just batted a T20 player with little technique and less brain at 3 in a Test.
They should rename the "Big Show" the "No Show", because of his inability to play for the team when needed.

I've wondered for ages if the selectors even watch the Shield.

No music, no dancing, no fireworks. Why would they bother? It's not like its important to gauge form or anything. You can pick that from T20 performances.

They should rename the "Big Show" the "No Show", because of his inability to play for the team when needed.

The Fraud Show*

The encouraging thing about Ferguson is that he seems to perform better at the international level than in State cricket. Whether the style just suits him better or he just has the right mindset for international cricket, he just looks more comfortable at that level than most players do.

Granted, this is in ODI's, not Tests, so whether that will translate to performances in Test matches is unknown, but he certainly appears to have the mettle to perform under that kind of pressure. I wouldn't be opposed to him being picked. He's certainly a better option than Doolan.

T20 does have international level bowlers though.

They might as well have bowling machines, it's heavily skewed in favour of batsmen, run saving takes precedence. Shorten the game, shorten the skills and mental application to prosper and increase the ability of one player to dominate.

They might as well have bowling machines, it's heavily skewed in favour of batsmen, run saving takes precedence. Shorten the game, shorten the skills and mental application to prosper and increase the ability of one player to dominate.
Malinga has a huge impact.

He probably gets "penalised" because he plays on the Adelaide Oval.

Boof himself used to complain about that...selectors demand SA batsmen make many more runs than those from other states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back