Papers stamped tonight, Jacobs, Douglas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawn also had 12 possessions in each of those games. He had 25 against O'Brien, whose supposed main strength is his mobility and accountability around the ground.

Which is twice as many possessions as Jacobs had. Gawn was too busy delivering the ball on a silver platter to Melbourne's mids as he absolutely slaughtered Jacobs in every facet of the game on both occasions. At least O'Brien managed to keep up in the hit out department (actually he had more) in his 9th game of AFL football.

Unsurprisingly, Melbourne smashed us in the clearances in both matches last year. It was pretty much even last week.

So you can’t answer a legitimate question? Everyone’s sick of the negativity according to you, surely such a thread would be in demand.
No, I said people are sick of your bickering. I just asked a fair question in this thread regarding focusing on the negativity. It’s sad that some people can only ever see (and prefer to comment on) the negative. It’s almost as if they are averse to enjoying the footy at any level.

And they usually do it at the end of the season, not round 12. "Stamping a player's papers" one game back after two months off following ankle surgery is beyond harsh.

He was looking a yard or 4 off the pace prior to injury, that they brought him back after only 1 tune up was sheer stupidity. Especially when they’d seen Seed labour so badly doing the same and he went into injury in much, much better nick with zero doubts about whether his body was still up to playing good footy at the highest level. Our selectors do this far too often and the result is that the player cops it in the neck when we’re discussing performance and selection.

We were sensible enough with Thompson. Kept him for SANFL help, gave him a game and instantly saw he was past it and didn't consider him again. Is they're sensible they just have Douglas his game, saw he lost a step and bring someone new in.

That's unlikely I think, they'll back him in again I bet, but those fumbles are worrying.

We weren’t sensible with Thommo, he shouldn’t have played out 2016 the way his body was inhibiting him. We had a fit and hungry CEY in the 2’s plus Lyons who could have spent a little bit more time in the stoppage rotations. We went with a guy averaging 20 touches per game for the better part of the year who could only jog from stoppage to stoppage and nothing else. If we were desperate for him to play finals, the other option was to put him on a 4-5 week freshen up program and see if we could get him back to a physical condition that more resembled how he started the year. But we did neither and the team was worse off because of it.

No, I said people are sick of your bickering. I just asked a fair question in this thread regarding focusing on the negativity. It’s sad that some people can only ever see (and prefer to comment on) the negative. It’s almost as if they are averse to enjoying the footy at any level.
So you speak for the people? When you did you get together to discuss it?

Yes it would be sad if that’s the case, but in reality that’s not the case. You only choose to remember what you want to which seems to be the negative stuff, it’s almost like you are attracted to it.

We were sensible enough with Thompson. Kept him for SANFL help, gave him a game and instantly saw he was past it and didn't consider him again. Is they're sensible they just have Douglas his game, saw he lost a step and bring someone new in.

That's unlikely I think, they'll back him in again I bet, but those fumbles are worrying.
Nah, we gave Thommo one year too many

We weren’t sensible with Thommo, he shouldn’t have played out 2016 the way his body was inhibiting him. We had a fit and hungry CEY in the 2’s plus Lyons who could have spent a little bit more time in the stoppage rotations. We went with a guy averaging 20 touches per game for the better part of the year who could only jog from stoppage to stoppage and nothing else. If we were desperate for him to play finals, the other option was to put him on a 4-5 week freshen up program and see if we could get him back to a physical condition that more resembled how he started the year. But we did neither and the team was worse off because of it.

I still remember that last minor round game when we lost to West Coast and blew top 4.

He did exactly that, jog and it wasn’t only from stoppage to stoppage, it was also at the stoppage. West coast players would dash away and he had no hope of catching them. Then he’d jog off.

It was clear he was cooked and we drop players for lack of defensive pressure and yet we gave Thommo an extra year.

Then to actually give him a game, lucky we won that one.

Was ROB meant to be tagging him? You know his role may not have him shadowing Gawn around the ground.

I'm okay with an opposition ruckman getting it that many times. It's not like Gawn has the foot skills of a Rolls Royce midfielder. If they want to keep giving generally the most uncoordinated player on the team the ball, then let them.

So you speak for the people? When you did you get together to discuss it?

Yes it would be sad if that’s the case, but in reality that’s not the case. You only choose to remember what you want to which seems to be the negative stuff, it’s almost like you are attracted to it.
Fair point. I’M sick of your bickering.

And as folk like your good self tend to focus only on the negative, it’s a little hard to get away from it. Go figure.

Fair point. I’M sick of your bickering.

And as folk like your good self tend to focus only on the negative, it’s a little hard to get away from it. Go figure.
You see this is where you have your blinkers on when it comes some posters. You hone in on the critical stuff we post and ignore any positives we post, you might not want to believe it but they are there.

As for this latest debate. The Crows dropped Greenwood and Mackay. Some posters claimed they were rested for the Richmond game. I and others pointed out that wasn’t the case and comments by two assistant coaches backed that up. Would you prefer the board just operated with one sided opinions?

Then after the game Pyke refers to resting players. This is used by those believing they were rested to vindicate their position and refer to those who disagreed with this on selection night as clowns and having a melt.

So again to correct this line of thinking the debate goes on, with numerous posters chipping in. As it stands Pyke was referring to being rested from the sanfl. The argument is over.

Then Kristof reignites it in the morning with another bunch of compliments, so guess what? It starts up again. Then it dies.

Then guess what? You decide to get on your high horse and weigh in, now who do you have a crack at? Me. The irony is what you accuse me of you partook in.

You then make up this bullshit that I’ve been fighting with posters for weeks and posters are sick of my negativity.

Well only those that have selective memory or make s**t up might.

Now to summarise would you prefer a board where only positive comments are posted or no one is challenged for their opinions or no one can criticise the club? Because if that’s what you want this board would be as boring as bat s**t and would die just like your positive thread and that’s why I raised it.

Anyway enough, you’ve threatened to block me before, just go ahead and do it, it’s not going to worry me in the slightest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see this is where you have your blinkers on when it comes some posters. You hone in on the critical stuff we post and ignore any positives we post, you might not want to believe it but they are there.

As for this latest debate. The Crows dropped Greenwood and Mackay. Some posters claimed they were rested for the Richmond game. I and others pointed out that wasn’t the case and comments by two assistant coaches backed that up. Would you prefer the board just operated with one sided opinions?

Then after the game Pyke refers to resting players. This is used by those believing they were rested to vindicate their position and refer to those who disagreed with this on selection night as clowns and having a melt.

So again to correct this line of thinking the debate goes on, with numerous posters chipping in. As it stands Pyke was referring to being rested from the sanfl. The argument is over.

Then Kristof reignites it in the morning with another bunch of compliments, so guess what? It starts up again. Then it dies.

Then guess what? You decide to get on your high horse and weigh in, now who do you have a crack at? Me. The irony is what you accuse me of you partook in.

You then make up this ******** that I’ve been fighting with posters for weeks and posters are sick of my negativity.

Well only those that have selective memory or make **** up might.

Now to summarise would you prefer a board where only positive comments are posted or no one is challenged for their opinions or no one can criticise the club? Because if that’s what you want this board would be as boring as bat **** and would die just like your positive thread and that’s why I raised it.

Anyway enough, you’ve threatened to block me before, just go ahead and do it, it’s not going to worry me in the slightest.
I agree

There were soo many posters never wanting to see JJ again

Yet now they are glad he played one good game in the SANFL and is back in

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes. O'Brien was significantly worse for 3 quarters. An active hindrance to the rest of the side.

It's irrelevant though. Based on the McGovern protocol established in 2016, O'Brien will be dropped this week.

Umm what? We literally had a game in 2016 where McGovern got donuts and we didn't drop him.

Sorry I don't play favs like you
You quoted my post which had nothing to do with Jenkins and you start with “I agree” and then go on about Jenkins.

What in my post were you actually agreeing with

And your subsequent post had no relevance either.

Do you read the posts you quote?

You quoted my post which had nothing to do with Jenkins and you start with “I agree” and then go on about Jenkins.

What in my post were you actually agreeing with

And your subsequent post had no relevance either.

Do you read the posts you quote?

Yeah Yeah we know ypu play favs its as obvious AF

No Need to defend yourself its fine

Yeah Yeah we know ypu play favs its as obvious AF

No Need to defend yourself its fine
So you agree you’re trolling and not reading posts.

And I’m not defending myself, I do have favourites. We all do, you favourite senior players no matter what stage of their careers they are at and then on the other hand whinge about being competitive. If you get past the trolling and think about it you’d realise how stupid your position is.

Was ROB meant to be tagging him? You know his role may not have him shadowing Gawn around the ground.
He wasn't help by Adelaide's terrible set up. He should at least be accountable enough that one of the least graceful or co-ordinated players in the competition isn't racking up possessions like a lesser Crouch brother

Umm what? We literally had a game in 2016 where McGovern got donuts and we didn't drop him.
thats my point. McGovern had a game vs Geelong where he got 2 possessions total and held his spot, then returned with 4 goals the next week and was dropped for his form.

O'Brien played terribly last week and played well this week, so will now be dropped.

So you agree you’re trolling and not reading posts.

And I’m not defending myself, I do have favourites. We all do, you favourite senior players no matter what stage of their careers they are at and then on the other hand whinge about being competitive. If you get past the trolling and think about it you’d realise how stupid your position is.
No i dont

Dont try and put words in my mouth you know it doesnt work hahahaha you of all should know better than that

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back