Papers stamped tonight, Jacobs, Douglas.

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree

There were soo many posters never wanting to see JJ again

Yet now they are glad he played one good game in the SANFL and is back in

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably for many it was more like he wasn't just given a token run in the SANFL, but genuinely had to go back and have a think about it all

You see this is where you have your blinkers on when it comes some posters. You hone in on the critical stuff we post and ignore any positives we post, you might not want to believe it but they are there.

As for this latest debate. The Crows dropped Greenwood and Mackay. Some posters claimed they were rested for the Richmond game. I and others pointed out that wasn’t the case and comments by two assistant coaches backed that up. Would you prefer the board just operated with one sided opinions?

Then after the game Pyke refers to resting players. This is used by those believing they were rested to vindicate their position and refer to those who disagreed with this on selection night as clowns and having a melt.

So again to correct this line of thinking the debate goes on, with numerous posters chipping in. As it stands Pyke was referring to being rested from the sanfl. The argument is over.

Then Kristof reignites it in the morning with another bunch of compliments, so guess what? It starts up again. Then it dies.

Then guess what? You decide to get on your high horse and weigh in, now who do you have a crack at? Me. The irony is what you accuse me of you partook in.

You then make up this ******** that I’ve been fighting with posters for weeks and posters are sick of my negativity.

Well only those that have selective memory or make **** up might.

Now to summarise would you prefer a board where only positive comments are posted or no one is challenged for their opinions or no one can criticise the club? Because if that’s what you want this board would be as boring as bat **** and would die just like your positive thread and that’s why I raised it.

Anyway enough, you’ve threatened to block me before, just go ahead and do it, it’s not going to worry me in the slightest.
And somehow the next 5 or six posts are you bickering with someone over a ridiculous point. I guess the irony is lost on you.

He wasn't help by Adelaide's terrible set up. He should at least be accountable enough that one of the least graceful or co-ordinated players in the competition isn't racking up possessions like a lesser Crouch brother

thats my point. McGovern had a game vs Geelong where he got 2 possessions total and held his spot, then returned with 4 goals the next week and was dropped for his form.

O'Brien played terribly last week and played well this week, so will now be dropped.

He wasn't terrible though. Gawn certainly got the better of him around the ground, but if you're watching today's game, he has 26 touches against Grundy and there is still most of a quarter to go. In terms of contesting in the ruck though, being at the game I can tell you it was a massive difference to seeing what Gawn does against Jacobs, in which Gawn essentially just jumps over Jacobs and does whatever he likes with with the tap. O'Brien didn't afford him the same opportunity, because he can actually jump.

And somehow the next 5 or six posts are you bickering with someone over a ridiculous point. I guess the irony is lost on you.
And you ;)

The funny thing is you’ve ignored the content of my post to then argue.

So when am I going on ignore or are you just going to whinge moan and bitch about me instead?

Why was Douglas even selected?

We all got excited by an apparent change in selection policy, yet we revert to his safe bullshit when the opportunity presents itself.

Douglas is finished, it's obvious. If he is selected consistently, he'll play the odd good match - because he is/was a quality player - but he isn't going to do it consistently, and he is only going to get worse, not better.

Once again, with all of trumpeting about our fit list and the depth and quality of our squad; we revert to seniority at one of the first opportunities.

We all got excited by an apparent change in selection policy, yet we revert to his safe ******** when the opportunity presents itself.

Douglas is finished, it's obvious. If he is selected consistently, he'll play the odd good match - because he is/was a quality player - but he isn't going to do it consistently, and he is only going to get worse, not better.

Once again, with all of trumpeting about our fit list and the depth and quality of our squad; we revert to seniority at one of the first opportunities.
The Douglas selection made no sense. Some of his efforts on the weekend smacked of a player going through the motions obviously collecting his superannuation on the way out. I expect the club will have an honest chat with Jacob's and Douglas around the bye that they are not in their plans next year and hopefully we will see a retirement or two on their own terms before the are delisted end of the year. I get the feeling that sam feels he is still a gun ruckman by some of his comments in the media and will likely look for another club. I think he will find pretty quickly there are no takers other than a ruck coaching job

The MMM Saturday Rub were talking about player unrest given our selections, one of the lines Tex used to defend it was “we had two club champions returning”

Now Tex whether you’re a past club champion is irrelevant, it’s how you’re performing and it’s clear Douglas was an error, even though he was a club champion.

The MMM Saturday Rub were talking about player unrest given our selections, one of the lines Tex used to defend it was “we had two club champions returning”

Now Tex whether you’re a past club champion is irrelevant, it’s how you’re performing and it’s clear Douglas was an error, even though he was a club champion.

ITs only a selection error when we lose

We all got excited by an apparent change in selection policy, yet we revert to his safe ******** when the opportunity presents itself.

It just made no sense, it is a good three or four years since you would bring Dougie back after 1 game in the twos from a long layoff. The days of him being one of the more under rated mids in the comp is gone. We saw the benefits of having a senior player have to fight for his position, Jenkins comes back and starts using his strength to create goals, should have been a month in the twos for Dougie before his name was up for selection.

It just made no sense, it is a good three or four years since you would bring Dougie back after 1 game in the twos from a long layoff. The days of him being one of the more under rated mids in the comp is gone. We saw the benefits of having a senior player have to fight for his position, Jenkins comes back and starts using his strength to create goals, should have been a month in the twos for Dougie before his name was up for selection.

Mackay has had a great year so far unusual to bring Dougy in for a player performing

And he should have played forward in the SANFL to see how he goes.

Playing him in a position in the SANFL that he wont play in the AFL is stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF YOU DONT LOSR A GAME ALL YEAR YOU WIN THE FLAG WHO GIVES A TOSS ABOUT PERCENTAGE

LIKE I SAID ONLY A SELCTION ERROR IF YOU LOOSE
WHATS THE CHANCES OF THAT HAPPENING AND GUESS WHAT? WE HAVE LOST GAMES AND PERCENTAGE IS IMPORTANT

hahahahaha should greenwood be dropped for his poor game aswell??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
So are you backing away from your claim that selection mistakes are irrelevant if you’re winning? Found many examples of teams going through the season undefeated?

Because it seems you’ve moved on pretty quick.

As for Greenwood, he had a poor game, but he had 10 minutes notice, has had a decent year, played better than Douglas, gave us a strong contested mark at a crucial time which provides a point of difference, has a future and with Lynch out should get another game.

Whereas Douglas isn’t a forward, has never been a forward, struggled to grab the ball, disposal efficiency was s**t, has no future and we have options to play his role.

So are you happy to continue to play Douglas and accept being competitive?

So are you backing away from your claim that selection mistakes are irrelevant if you’re winning? Found many examples of teams going through the season undefeated?

Because it seems you’ve moved on pretty quick.

As for Greenwood, he had a poor game, but he had 10 minutes notice, has had a decent year, played better than Douglas, gave us a strong contested mark at a crucial time which provides a point of difference, has a future and with Lynch out should get another game.

Whereas Douglas isn’t a forward, has never been a forward, struggled to grab the ball, disposal efficiency was ****, has no future and we have options to play his role.

So are you happy to continue to play Douglas and accept being competitive?

10 minutes notice hahahahahahah you are hilarious

They left two players out of the SANFL game at home a first ever, lets be honest now

Are you happy with the poor games from Greenwood Dougy and seeds?????

I think all 3 have proven themselves clearly looking at last years B amd F and deserve grace as has happened with Tex and Co

and yet here you are, unable to resist these threads and moderate what people can and can't talk about
Anyone can have an opinion its their perogative

All of us play favs and are critical if a select few

Bit like greenwood seeds dougy having bad games who gets dropped noone or all three or the one you dont like

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

10 minutes notice hahahahahahah you are hilarious

They left two players out of the SANFL game at home a first ever, lets be honest now

Are you happy with the poor games from Greenwood Dougy and seeds?????

I think all 3 have proven themselves clearly looking at last years B amd F and deserve grace as has happened with Tex and Co
They left them out to have fresh options against Richmond. So you think they are all lying about when Lynch copped the injury?

Why are you asking me about Greenwood’s and Douglas’s games? Did you only read partial part of the post again? As for Seeds, not his best game, but I’d still have him ahead of Mackay.

Douglas played midfield last year with so many mids injured. When was the last time you’ve seen him be an effective forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back