Aussies Paralympic Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s such a shame that the Paralympic athletes got the s**t end of the stick, in terms of the weather. It really did seem to rain a lot.

Watching the poor discus girls trying to throw in absolutely torrential rain, was appalling. It should have been delayed but due to it being the last field event, it carried on. They basically gave up because they couldn’t grip the disc and the circle was under an inch of water. What a way for your five year dream to go.

The sitting volleyball was fantastic, amazing skills and the Iranian men’s team is a brilliant team, in every sense of the word.

Really going to miss watching these games. Living in Qld, I’m going to get to as many events as I can in 2032.

Goalball I'll be more wary of post Paralympics.

Is there a parallel thing post able bodied Commonwealth Games and Winter Olympics?
There is a Paralympic Winter Games, given the lower interest in winter sports in Australia, I'm not even sure if it's aired in this country.

Commonwealth Games is unique in that para sports occur at the same time as the regular sports, I remember watching a bit last games at the Gold Coast.

There is a Paralympic Winter Games, given the lower interest in winter sports in Australia, I'm not even sure if it's aired in this country.

Commonwealth Games is unique in that para sports occur at the same time as the regular sports, I remember watching a bit last games at the Gold Coast.

That sucks, really wish they would.

Oh yeah, I remember Gold Coast. Great Games but what a shambolic CC. I remember Joh Griggs tearing the organisers a new one.

Jaryd won silver in the Marathon, silver in the 5,000m and bronze in the 1,500m. Gave it a red hot go to win a gold.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back