News Parfitt signs until 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

While it's good news, surely it's not as long as you would've hoped

It’s precisely for the reason that he’s not as good yet as we hope he’s going to be. Any agent worth his salt would have been looking for only two years because at the moment he’s going to only command B grade money. In 2 years he may well command A grade money. Locking in 4 years or more would be a huge risk for his own value

Been a huge fan of him since we drafted him just off his highlights alone.

Still reminds me to this day of sam mitchel the way he zigs and zags around a contest, creates that extra time and space at a contest that others cant which is very valuable to construct.

2021 will be his breakout season and i am willing to go as far as AA squad of 40.

He just correctly identifying that the right ttime to come out of contract for a big money deal is right when seniors are retiring. 2022 is probably the last year for Selwood, Hawkins to name a few

LEAVE MATT ALONE!
View attachment 1012771

Seriously though I hope he's back in the field soon. Kids a monster

Pretty sure even Geelong fans were a little down after the Rowell injury, cause there's something enjoyable about watching the next gen coming through, even when it's an opponent - a good tackle by Parfitt, just an unlucky result

One thing I can't recall either during or after the GF were Geelong fans blaming Cotchin for Ablett's injury - nothing wrong with the play, just an unfortunate outcome

Pretty sure even Geelong fans were a little down after the Rowell injury, cause there's something enjoyable about watching the next gen coming through, even when it's an opponent - a good tackle by Parfitt, just an unlucky result

One thing I can't recall either during or after the GF were Geelong fans blaming Cotchin for Ablett's injury - nothing wrong with the play, just an unfortunate outcome
No but the blowback from danger accidentally smacking vlastuin went on for weeks

would like to see Brandan Parfitt in the leadership group next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would like to see Brandan Parfitt in the leadership group next year.
Gotta agree

Be good to see a guy like Tuohy phased out of the leadership group, and Parfitt replace him

We need to start seeing the next gen of leaders coming through

I think he’s probably got a bit too much skill to become this sort of player but based on his physicality I would love to see him turn into a bit of a Chapman or rooke type enforcer
The role he's been filling at stoppages is more akin to that of a James Kelly-style defensive inside mid; it ups his tackle count at the expense of possessions.

Good contributor if he can stay injury free - no standout attributes but finds the ball - he went missing a bit too much but seems to be improving in that area.

Hopefully he is banking on taking his game to an elite level and the next contract will be huge

Maybe around the uncertainty in salary cap reductions, so neither side wanted to over commit now - and then look at the names coming out of contract over the next 2 years and may provide the opportunity for a rise:

- Selwood, Steven, Jenkins & Rohan next year
- Hawkins, Tuohy, Smith & Dahlhaus in 2 years time. Higgins also out of contract in 2 years, but not sure the salary situation such as if North is paying a chunk of it

Maybe a freeing up of some salary cap over the coming years and he can make the most of it when next out of contract

Question is why is only 2 years, surely he is good enough to offer 4, maybe hoping for more money in 2 years i guess.
Simple! CBA lasts another 2 years - no concern at all with the timing of this. Anyway if he really wanted to go in two years, whether his contract finishes then or in another 1000 years no longer really matters anymore

Good contributor if he can stay injury free - no standout attributes but finds the ball - he went missing a bit too much but seems to be improving in that area.

With respect there aren't many that seem to "slow the game" when they have possession - he's not Pendelbury as yet but he's getting there in that aspect :thumbsu:
His ceiling is very high IMO , look forward to his continued development.

With respect there aren't many that seem to "slow the game" when they have possession - he's not Pendelbury as yet but he's getting there in that aspect :thumbsu:
His ceiling is very high IMO , look forward to his continued development.

I'm a massive fan of Parf, and totally agree with you regarding his uncanny ability to find space in close confines. Where Pendles is still well ahead of him, however, is in how he uses the ball once he finds that space. The Collingwood captain is elite (on both sides of his body) in then putting the ball to his teammate's advantage.

Don't imagine Brandan will ever get to his standard in that respect. But better use of the football once he gets it is a development area that could truly see our #3 go to another level.

Will be a key member of our midfield group for many years to come, has 72 senior games notched up in his first four seasons, and turns 23 next year.

IWWT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back