Environment Paris just broke it's highest temperature on record by 2 degrees celcius

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Paris set a new high-temperature record as Europe suffered its second heatwave in less than a month, with Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium also experiencing the hottest weather conditions ever measured.

French weather office Meteo-France measured 42.6 degrees Celsius, or 108.7 degrees Fahrenheit, at the Montsouris park weather station, which has been in operation since 1872. The new record for the French capital is still below the national record of 46 degrees Celsius set in the south of France in last month’s heatwave.

In Germany, afternoon temperatures reached 42.6 degrees Celsius in Lingen, in the country’s northwest, beating a national record from the previous day by more than 2 degrees, according to forecaster Deutscher Wetterdienst.

The Netherlands also reported its hottest day ever, with 40.7 degrees Celsius measured in the south of the country, surpassing a record set just a day earlier and the first time temperatures exceeded the 40 degree threshold.

Not saying we are all ****ed, but yeah, we are all ****ed.

This is after their record breaking summer last year...

And on top of the June heatwave which broke the overall French record, the Alaska heatwave which broke Anchorage's record, the SE-Australian heatwave which broke Adelaide's record (I'm sure there's been countless others this year which I've not read about)

cLiMaTe ChAnGe iS a ChiNesE cOnSpIRacY!!1!!1!

The 2030 deadline seems generous - I think we're already well ****ed and it's going to get a lot worse than a few heatwaves. Wait until global food security collapses.

Not worried for myself so much, almost mid 50's so I've had a decent run at it but I look at all my younger relations & start to wonder what sort of world they'll be in when they get to my age, yeah it does concern me. By some miracle this might all be sorted but I cant really imagine how especially with all these nutters running the show.

giphy.gif

46 degrees in the south of France is absolutely nuts.

That's a similar distance from the Tropic of Cancer as Hobart is from the Tropic of Capricorn.
I was cleaning the pool that day at 10am. Within 2 minutes I couldn't see through my sunglasses as they were dripping with sweat. Right now in Cannes we are having a sub-tropical like summer storm after days of 33-35 degrees. No rain for months then it pisses down. Back to 30 degrees tomorrow.

18 months ago we had 18 inches of snow that lasted 3 days. Couldnt leave the property as the driveway is about a 40 degree angle and Ive never really driven in snow.

What sort of place records 46 degree temperatures in summer and -5 in winter with a foot and a half of snow?

This is after their record breaking summer last year...

And on top of the June heatwave which broke the overall French record, the Alaska heatwave which broke Anchorage's record, the SE-Australian heatwave which broke Adelaide's record (I'm sure there's been countless others this year which I've not read about)

cLiMaTe ChAnGe iS a ChiNesE cOnSpIRacY!!1!!1!

The 2030 deadline seems generous - I think we're already well f’ed and it's going to get a lot worse than a few heatwaves. Wait until global food security collapses.

Yeah, the way things are going food shortages are looking very real in the next 2-3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was cleaning the pool that day at 10am. Within 2 minutes I couldn't see through my sunglasses as they were dripping with sweat. Right now in Cannes we are having a sub-tropical like summer storm after days of 33-35 degrees. No rain for months then it pisses down. Back to 30 degrees tomorrow.

18 months ago we had 18 inches of snow that lasted 3 days. Couldnt leave the property as the driveway is about a 40 degree angle and Ive never really driven in snow.

What sort of place records 46 degree temperatures in summer and -5 in winter with a foot and a half of snow?

I've lived in Canberra with around 42 degrees in summer and -9 in winter and a few inches of snow.

The last place I lived in had a highest of 50.2 while I was there and the lowest will get down to about -1 or -2, definitely no snow though.

Were you at this game?

I remember lying on the couch on Sunday arvo watching the Swans play, sometime around 2000 - 2002, whilst I was lying there, I looked out the back glass sliding door and it was snowing my backyard, I knew the Raiders were playing at home that day, so I switched channels and saw what was in that video you've posted up.

For some reason since, I've always thought the game was against the NQ Cowboys.

So I definitely wasn't at it but I was in town that day.

I remember going to a Brumby's game when it was the Super12. They were playing the Otago Highlanders, I went with a group of mates from the Navy, mainly because Army v Navy was the curtain raiser and I had some mates in the Navy side. It was 7pm and one of the mates I was sitting there with brought back some cans of beer, I asked what I was supposed to do with it, drink it was the natural reply, it was -1 at 7pm, too bloody cold to be hanging onto a can of cold beer and drinking it.

Climate change is just some lefty conspiracy designed to stop public funds being given to overseas mining companies.

It's so frustrating when topics like this - science based on empirical evidence - becomes political footballs. You then have 95% of people just start blindly follow their team (and those who don't are seen as sell outs).

Winnipeg , except it can get even more extreme than that
Still unbelievable though, and also concerning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back