Paris terror attacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Shocking news from Paris today. Reports over 150 dead. ISIL have claimed responsibility

The old thread on this was shut down due to trolls, bigots and the usual bile directed at Islam generally.

I'll be watching it closely and with zero tolerance.

ISIL is fair game for your comments. Islam and Muslims generally are not.

Zero tolerance.

You have to wonder why we don't get regular attacks like this from Jews/Hindus/Sikhs or pretty much any other religion at this point in time though Mal

If its truly nothing to do with Islam, then we should see a number of crazies from the above groups doing the mass homicide, surely?

http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old...ns.pdf#page=60

What strikes me is why the number is so much higher in France. It sucks but sadly it's not as small a minority that has these attitudes as people like to believe. When people say "this person isn't a true Muslim or Christian" etc it stinks of the no true Scotsman fallacy. Technically they are since they are doing what their fairy tale books them to.
You see its garbage posts like these that get threads shut down..

EDIT: Was pisstaking but quoted post still got removed. SMH. Original quoted post actually had some statistics for discussion attached as well.

Last edited:
If people like you were truly sympathetic, you'd permit open discussion of the foundations of the religion that believes this kind of slaughter is permissible, if not warranted.

Because many don't want to have an open discussion about salaffism. Many just want an outlet for platforms based around anti immigration, far right wing agendas and bigotry.

This is not the forum for that kind of stuff mate.

Deal with it.

• Fire has reportedly broken out at the 'jungle' refugee camp in the port of Calais in the hours following the terror attacks in Paris.

At around 11pm volunteers at the camp began sharing pictures of the blaze on social media.

And soon after an anti-migrant group known as 'The Angry of Calais' posted videos of the inferno on Facebook.

One video appears to show emergency services vehicles arriving at the camp, which houses around around 6,000 migrants - mainly young men from Syria and North Africa.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-on-fire-6830330

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because many don't want to have an open discussion about salaffism. Many just want an outlet for platforms based around anti immigration, far right wing agendas and bigotry.

This is not the forum for that kind of stuff mate.

Deal with it.
Salafism's influence in Islam is only growing. And it holds a growing sway over much of the younger minds in the Islamic world. Plenty of research showing that.

People freak out that Opus Dei aligned Catholics have growing political power in this country.

What is happening now is only going to get worse, and people like you will silently march everyone towards it.

Instead of mod bashing (which gets you kicked out of the thread) feel free to discuss the attacks and ISIL.

Like I said. ISIL are fair game. Salafist jihadism is fair game.

Islam is not.

If you don't know the difference - stay out of this thead. If in doubt don't post.

To say that there isn't some connection between Islam, ISIS, Salafism/Wahhabism is disconcerting. I'd rather hear people discuss this rather than shirk away in fear of offending someone.

I'm sure all sides will bring up strong arguments as to why such a link does or does not exist.

To say that there isn't some connection between Islam, ISIS, Salafism/Wahhabism is disconcerting. I'd rather hear people discuss this rather than shirk away in fear of offending someone.

I'm sure all sides will bring up strong arguments as to why such a link does or does not exist.
Agree. Its head in the sand stuff to be silent on identify the common islamic religion link of the terrorists. Its a fact.

At the same time tough gig for Malice in trying to moderate to stop thread being hate filled. Ugly awful stuff.

I just find it so sad. So many dead, so many injured, so many traumatised. My heart goes out to them all.
I couldn't help but tear up this morning when I switched on the news as I held my newborn.....what sort of world is she going to be living in.

These attacks are absolutely disgusting, in a time period when we are a much more rational and educated society....but that these stoneage beliefs can still permeate society and be used as a reason to harm and kill others, just infuriates me.

Last edited:
Many just want an outlet for platforms based around anti immigration, far right wing agendas and bigotry.

well maybe people who don't want to read that would be better served staying away from the politics forum and they could go play in the general section or whatever.

I looked forward to you shutting down the many far left agenda threads that have been on these boards over the years as well.

Just like there is a link betwen Stalin and me. We're both atheists.

There is a massive difference between Salafist fundies and Dervishes (for example).

The former slaughter the latter, and they're both Islamic. Look at the Shia and Sunni conflicts too.

To say 'it's Islam' as if there is some kind of universal view of what Islam is, or that all muslims share the same views is plainly wrong.

This appears to be the work of ISIL - namely salaffist jihadis.

ISIL and Salaffism are thus fair game.

well maybe people who don't want to read that would be better served staying away from the politics forum and they could go play in the general section or whatever.

I looked forward to you shutting down the many far left agenda threads that have been on these boards over the years as well.

If you want to take the lead with a discussion on Salfism be my guest mate.

Shocking news from Paris today. Reports over 150 dead. ISIL have claimed responsibility

The old thread on this was shut down due to trolls, bigots and the usual bile directed at Islam generally.

I'll be watching it closely and with zero tolerance.

ISIL is fair game for your comments. Islam and Muslims generally are not.

Zero tolerance.

That's like talking about WW2 and leaving out the Nazis.

Let's not offend anyone, let them just keep on killing without criticism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back