Parking at Marvel

My family has moved seats this year and we are now on the Esplanade side of Marvel (entering Gate 8). For years we have parked in Crombie Lane (off Lonsdale st) as it was only $10 and you get out reasonably easily. However, it's now too far to walk across the bridge and all the way around to the other side of the stadium with the kids so I need recommendations on where to park for a reasonable price closer to Gate 8. Help please :)

We're not all ****ing ultramarathoners show-off.
1555027199313.png

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
We used to park at Crown, go have a bite to eat and a beer before the match, which gives you enough points or whatever for free parking, then an easy 10 minute walk to Marvel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We’re very fortunate to have our work carpark near enough to Marvel and during the five to ten minute walk to the stadium we always see footy supporters parking in regular parks on the street on Little Collins and the laneways off it.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I hestitate to mention them in case they get even busier, but there are two reasonably priced carparks in Mayfield Place off Aurora Lane - couple of minutes walk to the ground even if gate 8 is a bit further from that end.

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
I hestitate to mention them in case they get even busier, but there are two reasonably priced carparks in Mayfield Place off Aurora Lane - couple of minutes walk to the ground even if gate 8 is a bit further from that end.

I once got stuck there for 90minutes because the boom gates stopped working...

Before the Brisbane game, took an extra 15 min to actually get in due to the "security" dudes checking every car boot after copping the $30, but before allowing entry. Then after the game took the lift and got off at b3 instead of b2 or some such, and was then accosted by "security" who refused to let me by before a pat down and wand over, and i hardly look a like a terrorist, in fact i reckon said "security" dudes looked more lke one than me.

If you're relatively early, there's a mini carpark behind Festival Hall which doesn't seem to fill up until about half an hour before the first bounce. Free parking and about a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium.

(If it's full tomorrow I'm going to regret this massively.)
Yep. I gave my tip and am now sweating on the thought of it being packed out when I get there.

Back