Parking tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all. Hoping someone can give some advice on best spots to look for parking around Arden St this arvo. Before you all say take public transport, I'm over 300km away and about to set off to drive down so public transport not an option.
Usually only able to get to a couple of matches a year but clear of local sport commitments today so decided to come down and catch Werribee as well as North tonight.
Don't mind walking a bit, just don't want to drive 4 hours then have to drive around for another half hour trying to find somewhere to park. Any advise appreciated, Cheers.

Hi all. Hoping someone can give some advice on best spots to look for parking around Arden St this arvo. Before you all say take public transport, I'm over 300km away and about to set off to drive down so public transport not an option.
Usually only able to get to a couple of matches a year but clear of local sport commitments today so decided to come down and catch Werribee as well as North tonight.
Don't mind walking a bit, just don't want to drive 4 hours then have to drive around for another half hour trying to find somewhere to park. Any advise appreciated, Cheers.

Eithad is only 2.5 kms from Arden St, so you can park there early for the game and walk.

Try some of the residential streets around West Melbourne off Kings way or Spencer st. Longer walk to Arden but you can lunch / coffee in Errol st. Walk back to Etihad and then not so long back to car and home.

:thumbsu:

Have a look for a car park along tram route 57. Get off at Arden/Abbotsford St. Walk towards
The ground

Eithad is only 2.5 kms from Arden St, so you can park there early for the game and walk.
Don't park under Etihad though - expensive and takes forever to get out. If you dot mind paying about $17 there are a couple of parking stations off Aurora Lane. Then you could walk quickly to Southern Cross station and travel one stop to North Melbourne station to cut down the walk to the ground. And you have your car very handy after the game.

Don't park under Etihad though - expensive and takes forever to get out. If you dot mind paying about $17 there are a couple of parking stations off Aurora Lane. Then you could walk quickly to Southern Cross station and travel one stop to North Melbourne station to cut down the walk to the ground. And you have your car very handy after the game.

I don't mind the extra $10 to park under Etihad. It's just a straight run out onto the West Gate for me.

There are also a few car parks about a block away from The Nixon that are cheaper.

If a shower rolls in just do as the locals do and carjack an Audi for the short drive to Etihad later.

In all seriouslyness though, it sounds like you have it all sussed out now. Enjoy the day and the wins!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure you turn the engine off. Put the park brake on.

Don't forget to grab your keys.

Leave it in gear (or reverse if facing down a hill) or in park if its an auto.

A bit of blue tack on the back window can really help with lining up those tricky reverse parks.

Make sure you .... okay I'll show myself out.

SpiderBurton22 travels from Warrnambool...there are a lot that comes from North Victoria.

I don't think City folk appreciate the effort and care needed to attend City games when you get ****** fixturing.

This year is a shocker for me. Sunday games are crap and of the Saturday games we've got, one is my birthday, another is my son's so I'll be lucky to see 4 games live.

This year is a shocker for me. Sunday games are crap and of the Saturday games we've got, one is my birthday, another is my son's so I'll be lucky to see 4 games live.

My issue is not getting there...or driving there...its that midnight/1am driving....

I'll be parking at 122 Dynon Rd, West Melbourne for those interested. :stern look

gimp_mask_comedy_sign_womens_tank_top.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back