The Hippie

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2001
Temora, N.S.W.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Temora Roos
Do Parra have the Minor Premiership won? They would have to have a big slump to lose it from here. Really good game tonight, tough game by both clubs. And how good is Nathan Hindmarsh?, he had a sensational game in attack and defense, and has plenty of speed for a big bloke.

The great thing about the Eels is they have such a young list, too. Apart from Taylor and Buettner, all the rest are still pretty young. If they can keep the core of youngsters together they will be hard to beat for a number of years.

While on Buettner, where will Parra play him next year after they have signed Adam Dykes, a pretty good five-eighth himself. Personally, I think they should play him at lock and switch him back to the pivot when Dykes is spelled or injured.

Go the Eels

Hippie.......

Spot on Hippie..they are a sure bet.
Looks as if the Broncos are out of the race for a flag, so I feel it may be an Eels vs Doggies G/F.
Actually I hope if the Warriors don't win it, one of the Sydney teams do, as it will be great for r/l in Sydney!!

Isn't it great to see the big crowds back at the games too.?
Hopefully with Souths back and the settling down of the Eagles fiasco, the game returns to its former glory over the next few years.

Regarding the Eels young list, its going to be hard to retain them all...you know what players are like when they get a reputation (all footy codes) they chase the dollars...so we have to wait and see...somehow I think it will be very hard to keep that list together.

The Eels have been brilliant this year and deserve to be minor premiers and possibly g/f winners.
Cheers:D

Parramatta have re-signed most of their young guns for at least the next two seasons. Jason Cayless has gone to the Roosters and PJ Marsh has gone to NZ and I'm not sure about Scott Donald, but we have signed Dykes from the Sharks and McFadden from Canberra, so I think theirs a lot of improvement next season.

DEVO,

Are going out to watch the Eels get smashed by the Mighty Eagles this weekend? I'll be there at Parra Stadium on Saturday night. Must win game for the Eagles. We alright last time we played you - lost it in the last 20 minutes....

Originally posted by Briedis
DEVO,

Are going out to watch the Eels get smashed by the Mighty Eagles this weekend? I'll be there at Parra Stadium on Saturday night. Must win game for the Eagles. We alright last time we played you - lost it in the last 20 minutes....

I would love to see Parra breaking records this Saturday, but I'll be at the basketball Semi Finals instead.
Parra are 10-1-1 at home this season, and I can't see the Eagles being anything more that a minor speed bump on Parramatta's road to immortality. Parramatta are on the verge of breaking all the major scoring records this season, and expect all of them to be broken this weekend.

Most tries in a season (including finals): 131 by Easts in 1935. Parramatta have currently scored 130.

Most points in a season (including finals): 812pts by Brisbane in 1999. Parramatta have currently scored 774.

Greatest points differential at the end of the regular season: 442pts by Easts in 1935. Parramatta's points differential is currently 416.

Good luck to the Eagles. They'll need it.

Parra by 40pts (at least)

Parra may be playing for some records, but the Eagles are playing for a spot in the finals, so the lads will come out with plenty to play for and may just cause an upset on Saturday night. The Eagles always play well against the top sides.

I think Parra will probably win, but I doubt by 40 points.....

Re: I hope Parra win

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
Naturally for selfish reasons Briedis;)

Do you actually look like Briedis...or were you a big fan of his?

Cheers:p

What's your selfish reason? So the Storm can make it? :confused: That is funny!

Do I look like Briedis? No, but I was a fan of his when I was a kid.... It will be interesting to see if he sneaks into the North TOTC this week.

How hopeless is the Eagles defence? Kimmorley needs to learn that when you kick and chase you have to go to where the ball is going to land and make a tackle. He is not worth 1/2 million a year. We were the better team, but slack defence cost us the game. Hopefully Sharp can get some blokes who will play with a bit more passion than the mob of money-grabbers and Norths rejections at the club at the moment. I'm very annoyed we couldn't keep Ben Walker, he is a great player. Reeves is the future club captain. I think he will get it next year, a great clubman...VERY rare in todays climate.

I have a mate who is very close to the club and apparently the Eagles have signed a new five-eigth already and he reckons it will shock a few people....hope we haven't signed Alfie Langer!!

Briedis,

Parra were flat, but they were still the better team, even though Manly may have had more of the ball. I thought Wests Tigers played better the week before than Manly did on Saturday night, but they lost comfortably as well.
We looked slightly disorganised when Drew was off the field and that was when you were able to take "control" of the game, but to say you were the better team when Parra were never out of first gear is going a little to far. Manly played well (offensively at least), but Parra never really looked rushed or out of their depth and that is a sign of a great side.

Obviously an old thread because the Eels are minor premiers.

I assume round 26 is the final round.

Breidis..

I agree with your comments re Kimmorley, he's certainly not worth 1/2M. AND I see he's playing hard to get again the the Eagles for his new contract....I will really pissed off with him last year with the way he had the Storm and their supporters in mid-air for ages before agreeing to terms with the Eagles...even though at the time I was really disheartened, I am glad he's gone from Storm...he's over-rated in my opinion.

Apparently the Eagles have signed Reeves today.
I am dying to know who the new 5/8 is you mentioned...are you allowed to tell?:D

The Eagles should have made an all-out effort to retain Walker..he's a class act and still very young.

Unfortunately Walker slipped through our fingers, but I can tell you that Manly's new 5/8 last name starts with an 'O' and he is a current player....other than that I have no idea....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back