Teams Parramatta

Remove this Banner Ad

I AM SO HAPPY!

This guy is amazing. He's been my favourite non-Eel since he scored his debut try against Canberra.
He really makes things happen, he's such a workhorse.

Nice to have Reece Robinson on the team. He was incredible last night. Our Goal kicking last year lost us a fair few games, it's good to have that monkey off our back

Reece looks a little out of his depth in defense but that may be because Sandow is generally on his side of the field. His goalkicking looked very solid last night which is a huge step forward from last year. He looks like he will be a very good contributor for years to come.

As for Sandow, I don't think he is a bad defender, but he is so small he is always targeted by the biggest opposition forwards. We need a particularly strong defensive line to assist him, and at the moment they are a little to inexperienced and we are getting caught short on occasion.

I remember watching Parramatta in the late 70's and we had all these young players just starting out like Sterling, Kenny, Ella, Grothe, Muggleton and Sharp, it took a couple of years, but eventually under the right guidance (we signed Jack Gibson as coach) they turned into one the finest club teams in League history. I not saying it's happening again, but I look at players such as Hopoate, Moeroa, Junior Paulo, Radradra, Toutai and think that maybe success isn't far away as long as Brad Arthur remains our head coach and we can maintain our player list. It's enjoyable being a Parramatta supporter again.

Really excited about our defense on Friday night.
Tepai Moeroa looks like an absolute freak for his age athletically and has the aggression to go with it.
Robinson looked solid. Takarangi linked up well with Radradra. Sandow looks like he has overcome some demons and is the fittest I have seen him at the Eels. Forward pack was dominant. Just some disciplinary issues and a few basics need working on and we might contend for top 4 if we keep doing what we did.

UP THE EELS!

Eels hit with 2nd biggest fine.

Link

Parramatta are facing a fine of over half a million dollars in what is the NRL's heaviest salary cap penalty since Melbourne were stripped of two premierships.

The Eels were hit with a preliminary breach notice of A$525,000 on Thursday for overspending in all four of the game's salary cap categories last year.

I read somewhere that a some of this had to do with Ricky Stuart cleaning house and the paying out contracts of the dozen sacked players. If that is the case, then it seems a little unfair to be docked 4 points at the start of season.

I read somewhere that a some of this had to do with Ricky Stuart cleaning house and the paying out contracts of the dozen sacked players. If that is the case, then it seems a little unfair to be docked 4 points at the start of season.
Not sure the points will be docked if the things the NRL said need to be done are done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the points will be docked if the things the NRL said need to be done are done.

According to an article I read in the Daily Telegraph on Friday, next season will be the first season since 2009 that we haven't been paying for players that are no longer on our playing list. If that is the case, there will still be some pain this season, but everything should be okay next season, which is why we are capable of bidding for players for next season.
I also believe that getting Watmough a season earlier is why we are in trouble this season.

Parramatta & North Melbourne.

The Roos concede 9 goals in 15mins against Collingwood.
Parra concede 5 tires in 13mins against Nth Qld.

I'm a winner too.

At least I don't support Parramatta and Carlton.:)

Can anyone provide any feedback on how good Adam Quinlan is? He's just signed for St Helens, who are my rugby league side.

I hope for his own sake that the fullback injury curse which has affected Lomax, Wellens, McDonnell and even Makinson (winger turned fullback due to necessity) does not get to him.

Some real good form currently.
Semi with 2 or more tries in 5 consecutive games, breaks a 60 year record.

Some real good form currently.
Semi with 2 or more tries in 5 consecutive games, breaks a 60 year record.

Players who have scored 2 tries in 5 consecutive games: Dave Brown (Eastern Suburbs, 1935), Jack Lindwall (St. George, 1940), Ray Preston (Newtown, 1954), Semi Radradra (Parramatta, 2015).

Semi is equal leading tryscorer having missed 5/6 games with a knee injury. He is in amazing form at the moment.

Players who have scored 2 tries in 5 consecutive games: Dave Brown (Eastern Suburbs, 1935), Jack Lindwall (St. George, 1940), Ray Preston (Newtown, 1954), Semi Radradra (Parramatta, 2015).

Semi is equal leading tryscorer having missed 5/6 games with a knee injury. He is in amazing form at the moment.
Absolute beast, had the pleasure of meeting him at a club day pre season. Very softly speaking bloke but mingled with the crowd well. No surprise our form turn around has coincided with his return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back