Teams Parramatta

Remove this Banner Ad

WOW! We beat Melbourne twice this season, and lost to Penrith twice by a total of three points, and you are asking for an overhaul of our coaching staff and halves.

I have no doubt we need to make changes if we want to progress further in the coming seasons, but we don't need to make the huge changes your suggesting, that is the sign of a club in panic and Parramatta aren't in that position. We need to strengthen our edge defense, more depth in the middle and be a little more creative in offensive. Some of these changes may have already been made, with Ferguson leaving Dunster looks like an obvious replacement and looks very solid in defense, as does Pensini at centre. Recruiting another Prop would be nice, and another year working with Andrew Johns should help Moses and Brown.
Arthur has to go, we aren’t going anywhere under him.
I’m not yet 50 but I’m seriously doubting whether I’ll live long enough to see us be good, it’s just a endless loop of failure with no light at the end of the tunnel

I’m not yet 50 but I’m seriously doubting whether I’ll live long enough to see us be good, it’s just a endless loop of failure with no light at the end of the tunnel
Not entirely convinced we need to get rid of him but we do need new ideas, especially on the offensive end, perhaps we do a Richmond and change the assistants. That said if he goes, he goes.

WOW! We beat Melbourne twice this season, and lost to Penrith twice by a total of three points, and you are asking for an overhaul of our coaching staff and halves.

I have no doubt we need to make changes if we want to progress further in the coming seasons, but we don't need to make the huge changes your suggesting, that is the sign of a club in panic and Parramatta aren't in that position. We need to strengthen our edge defense, more depth in the middle and be a little more creative in offensive. Some of these changes may have already been made, with Ferguson leaving Dunster looks like an obvious replacement and looks very solid in defense, as does Pensini at centre. Recruiting another Prop would be nice, and another year working with Andrew Johns should help Moses and Brown.
4 semi final exits in 5 years now

Season went to s**t again like last year at a similar stage, got exposed by the same old sides again with any decent backs (Manly, Dragons, Bunnies etc)

Don't get why you're so optimistic about him, he will not deliver

4 semi final exits in 5 years now

Season went to sh*t again like last year at a similar stage, got exposed by the same old sides again with any decent backs (Manly, Dragons, Bunnies etc)

Don't get why you're so optimistic about him, he will not deliver
Season went to s**t when Moses injured his back in SOO, it finished with a few strong performances against the two best teams.

I don’t know if Arthur is the best person for the job or not, but the players do like playing for him and he has been able to attract some good players to the club. We are in a good position compared to a decade ago, we still need to improve a few areas, I think we could do that with a change of assistants rather than a change of coach, it could be cheaper.

That said, if the club decides to move him on I’m not against it either, I would just like a considered decision and not a stupid reaction ten minutes after a close loss.

Last edited:
Can’t say I was disappointed to see parramatta lose as giving their fans grief every September has kept me sane for the best part of a quarter century but they were tough last night.

their fans that I know are a special breed though. It took two minutes for my Facebook feed to be flooded about all the decisions that went against them - unsurprisingly no mention of the obvious try to Penrith that was disallowed because Moses opted to tackle a decoy runner or Ferguson getting the worst crusher penalty I’ve ever seen and then hopping to his feet when he was sledged about it

I wouldn't say there is no light at the end of tunnel. The club has rebuilt from the kearney/Ricky stuart tenure. The year ricky was coach it was depressing going and watching them get flogged every week.

We have made finals 4 out of 5 years so we have turned ourselves into regular finalists its probably now finding that x-factor player which we simply dont have compared to the others.

Semi Radradra was still there instead of Sivo in the past 3 years we probably would have made a GF at least. Thats how good semi was he scored a try from anywhere.

If penrith get done next week they have been more dominant then us in past 2 years and will have nothing to show for it

Brad Arthur is the best coach Parramatta has had for over a decade.
The club needs to have a look at the playing list now. There's probably some areas that can be improved upon.
In the end finals football requires luck to succeed. That's something that you can't buy or trade in.

Brad Arthur is the best coach Parramatta has had for over a decade.
The club needs to have a look at the playing list now. There's probably some areas that can be improved upon.
In the end finals football requires luck to succeed. That's something that you can't buy or trade in.
Because he has been there for nearly a decade.
Only coach in the history of the game to coach at one club for 8 years without a Prelim appearance. We have finished top 4 with him and gone out in straight sets, he simply can’t get it done when it matters and most of the losses come about in the same manner. How many times do you go back to the well?
Im not saying we have ever had the squad to win it but should have at least a Prelim or with a bit of luck a GF to show for it.
Definitely need changes to playing group but it’s clear our style doesn’t suit playoffs

Because he has been there for nearly a decade.
Only coach in the history of the game to coach at one club for 8 years without a Prelim appearance. We have finished top 4 with him and gone out in straight sets, he simply can’t get it done when it matters and most of the losses come about in the same manner. How many times do you go back to the well?
Im not saying we have ever had the squad to win it but should have at least a Prelim or with a bit of luck a GF to show for it.
Definitely need changes to playing group but it’s clear our style doesn’t suit playoffs
This

Arthur signs a two year extension keeping him at Parramatta until 2024. I do hope we bring in some new assistants.

The priority now is to sign some of our essential players, starting with Gutherson, Mahoney, Paulo and Papali'i.

Unfortunately i think the club has been spooked by having 13 players off contract next year and wanting to know who the coach is.

With this 17th team coming in 2023 it has the potential throw money at players and inflating the market squeezing the salary cap

So it was either sack him or back him. I dont agree with another 2 years that's a ridiculous decision.

I lost faith in July during that slump especially when playing his son. His son should still be at the rouse hill rhinos not first grade.

In saying that the performances in the last month against melbourne and penrith show they aren't far away. Who i regard as the 2 best teams we were the only team to go toe to toe with them both.

A bit of luck against penrith and we should have been in the preliminary final against a storm side who we beat twice and played there worst game in like 13 years since the 2008 GF in the prelim. I reckon we win that game if we got there.

So who knows we get the 50/50 calls in the semi we could have made the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately i think the club has been spooked by having 13 players off contract next year and wanting to know who the coach is.

With this 17th team coming in 2023 it has the potential throw money at players and inflating the market squeezing the salary cap

So it was either sack him or back him. I dont agree with another 2 years that's a ridiculous decision.

I lost faith in July during that slump especially when playing his son. His son should still be at the rouse hill rhinos not first grade.

In saying that the performances in the last month against melbourne and penrith show they aren't far away. Who i regard as the 2 best teams we were the only team to go toe to toe with them both.

A bit of luck against penrith and we should have been in the preliminary final against a storm side who we beat twice and played there worst game in like 13 years since the 2008 GF in the prelim. I reckon we win that game if we got there.

So who knows we get the 50/50 calls in the semi we could have made the GF.
I think there is a lot of truth to that, with a new team entering the competition in 2023, likely to be Redcliffe, security in the coaching department is most important and Arthur is well like by the players. Re-signing him will be a positive when re-signing the likes of Gutherson, Mahoney and co.

I feel the self destruct button has been pressed and everything is about to implode.

Yeah mate pardon the pun but i am pretty devo atm losing papali'i to an absolute joke of a club like the tigers.

Club will regret it.

Piss King Gutho off whose ego has got too big head and has pretty much thrown the club under the boss with his contract negotiations. Captain should be leading by example he isnt

I have no doubt we undervalued Papali’i offering him around 425-450,000 a season, but to offer him 600,000 a season is too much, he has had one good season. Admittedly it was a brilliant season.

I guess to be competitive the Tigers have to overpay.

I have no doubt we undervalued Papali’i offering him around 425-450,000 a season, but to offer him 600,000 a season is too much, he has had one good season. Admittedly it was a brilliant season.

I guess to be competitive the Tigers have to overpay.

Yeah its a good deal for him plus he gets September's off so he can plan his end of season trip pretty early now

Eels dealt ANOTHER big blow as Mahoney joins rival on bumper deal

The members of the Eels Roster Management Committee need to be hung, drawn and quartered and their heads stuck on pikes outside the club. We had built a competitive team, but thanks to the incompetents of these idiots the team has now lost four important members and who knows how many will go before they wake up.

2022 looks like Parra's last chance to end the drought, otherwise we could be entering North Sydney territory before the next chance.

Eels dealt ANOTHER big blow as Mahoney joins rival on bumper deal

The members of the Eels Roster Management Committee need to be hung, drawn and quartered and their heads stuck on pikes outside the club. We had built a competitive team, but thanks to the incompetents of these idiots the team has now lost four important members and who knows how many will go before they wake up.

2022 looks like Parra's last chance to end the drought, otherwise we could be entering North Sydney territory before the next chance.

We wont be winning next year players leaving will check out pretty quickly when going gets tough.

I feel cursed the 2 clubs my dad played for were the eels and bears i blame him as they haven't won a comp since they signed him in 1988 and he played reserves. And the bears are now extinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back