Teams Parramatta

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Eel departs, Oregan Kaufusi signs a two year deal with Cronulla.

Still no talk of members of the Roster Management Committee being sacked.:mad:

Or found in a shallow grave.:D

Apologies, that was crude but ffs something needs to be done. Today. To stop the bleeding.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Another Eel departs, Oregan Kaufusi signs a two year deal with Cronulla.

Still no talk of members of the Roster Management Committee being sacked.:mad:

Or found in a shallow grave.:D

Apologies, that was crude but ffs something needs to be done. Today. To stop the bleeding.
Least you’ve got Curtis Scott.

oh, hang on…

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Parramatta are the "new" Wests Tigers, self destructive and incompetently run.

Settle down i know the recruitment has been crap this off-season but we are not at that level yet.

We might have been 5 years ago.

Until the tigers make the finals they have no leg to stand on.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Settle down i know the recruitment has been crap this off-season but we are not at that level yet.

We might have been 5 years ago.

Until the tigers make the finals they have no leg to stand on.
Other than having won a comp this century?

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Sorry i was only 11 years of age and have blocked out the last week of September and first week of October in 2005 due to PTSD.

Last bit i remember in that period is the swannies broke a 72 year old drought that year in the AFL 😉.
Cost me $17000 in a multi. Had West Cost to win.
Had to numb the pain with the Tigers beating the Dragons in the prelim that same
Night.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cost me $17000 in a multi. Had West Cost to win.
Had to numb the pain with the Tigers beating the Dragons in the prelim that same
Night.

Oh well maybe it was meant to be. If you won the 17k the tigers wouldn't have won the comp.

I would happily lose 17k if it guaranteed Parramatta would win a comp in my lifetime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
What do we make of the first 3 weeks fellas?

3 close ones against 3 reasonable sides, on the right end of it twice, huge 6 pointer against the Storm helps

Looks like we're still strong out on the left side, even with every winger seemingly getting injured, though still conceding out wide whenever someone drifts inside, just don't get why Brad doesn't fix that up.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle

3 close ones against 3 reasonable sides, on the right end of it twice, huge 6 pointer against the Storm helps

Looks like we're still strong out on the left side, even with every winger seemingly getting injured, though still conceding out wide whenever someone drifts inside, just don't get why Brad doesn't fix that up.
Look i would have taken 2-1 at start of the year. I expected to lose in Melbourne and beat cronulla. So it worked out in the end i suppose. Splitting those games from a win-loss perspective.

We weren't the better team against the sharks yet should have won with a minute to go. Hopefully that doesn't cost us a Top 4 or Top 2 at end of year.

In terms of how they are playing i wouldn't say great we seem to be slowing warming into the year this season more then previous where we start like a bull of a gate.

Defense was poor in first 2 weeks. Especially Titans game Melbourne are a great attacking team so you can expect to leak points.

That right edge needs to sort it self out.

I think our early season run with injuries (especially to our wingers) has played a part on our slow start, but overall I haven't been too upset with our performances in the first three rounds, shouldn't have lost to Cronulla, but a little lucky to win against Melbourne, so a 2-1 start is about where we should be.

The right side edge does look an issue in defense, but Blake has performed very well out on the wing in attack so I can live with it in the short term while we wait for a new winger or the return of Sivo. The middle has also looked a little frail at times, but I expect that to tighten up as the season progresses.

Overall we have played a premiership contender and came out on top, and two top 8 contenders and lost one in the final 30 seconds so we haven't played too badly, but their is still a lot of improvement in the team which is a good sign.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think our early season run with injuries (especially to our wingers) has played a part on our slow start, but overall I haven't been too upset with our performances in the first three rounds, shouldn't have lost to Cronulla, but a little lucky to win against Melbourne, so a 2-1 start is about where we should be.

The right side edge does look an issue in defense, but Blake has performed very well out on the wing in attack so I can live with it in the short term while we wait for a new winger or the return of Sivo. The middle has also looked a little frail at times, but I expect that to tighten up as the season progresses.

Overall we have played a premiership contender and came out on top, and two top 8 contenders and lost one in the final 30 seconds so we haven't played too badly, but their is still a lot of improvement in the team which is a good sign.
I think they are playing the long game.

Obivously they have figured out no point playing there best football in March/April. And losing steam come July where they stumble towards the finals and out of form.

Your right i want to see a bit more defensively and that simmonsonn edge is out of sorts atm thats my main concern at this stage.

Niukore has been big loss as well with injury his versatility is so important as he can cover the centres, edge and middle.

Next 5 weeks is a pretty decent draw leading into Penrith in round 9. So hopefully they keep banking the wins as they really need to finish top 2 to give themsleves a true shot.

Obivously they have figured out no point playing there best football in March/April. And losing steam come July where they stumble towards the finals and out of form.

Your right i want to see a bit more defensively and that simmonsonn edge is out of sorts atm thats my main concern at this stage.

Niukore has been big loss as well with injury his versatility is so important as he can cover the centres, edge and middle.

Next 5 weeks is a pretty decent draw leading into Penrith in round 9. So hopefully they keep banking the wins as they really need to finish top 2 to give themsleves a true shot.
That's what I'm hoping, get all the injuries and poor form out of the way early in the season and be at full strength (or as close as possible) and in top form come August/September.

Dylan Brown and Mahoney will be the keys for me this season because we know what we are going to get from everyone else. I have been excited with Brown's early season form, he already looks like a better player than last year (when playing five-eighth :)) and I liked how he took more responsibility last weekend with Moses carrying his leg injury, and we missed Mahoney in the finals last year, who knows how far we could have gone if he was on the park in that semi against Penrith.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH

Niukore has been a huge loss, much preferred him out right last year than Blake, very solid utility

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Driving past Rokeby servo in Hobart today, and spotted a fellow Parra fan filling up with a 1998 era jersey on. There's quite a few of us down here.
Good to hear mate. Parramatta have the biggest membership in the league currently so there is plenty out there across Australia that probably arent members either.

If you havent been to the new stadium yet you should try to come up to Sydney one weekend and go to a parra home game. Its a great stadium with an atmosphere to boot even with 20k.

I cant wait for monday with it packed out again hopefully similar result to opening game back in 2019 when we flog the tigers.

The new stadium has really revitalized the club and no coincidence we havent missed the finals since moving back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back