Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazmania

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2007
Back in WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hard to banter with your mob these days. Our matches seem to be friendlies.

I think Richmond fans top yours in term of obnoxiousness too... So you've lost that mantle.

Hmmmm...banter, banter.... Oh I know!

"Collingwood, not as offensive as Richmond!"

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Fyfe can do thing with the ball Daicos could only dream of. 3 x GOTY nominations to round 12. He knows what he's doing.

Was gonna put this up as a POTY till I noticed the socceroos reference in your profile mate. That explains how you could even contemplate placing a great running mid (well for two years so far anyway) up against perhaps the most gifted kick the game has ever seen.
Daics had....(probably still HAS) more talent in his little toe than Fyfe has. But such is the modern day viewpoint...."oh the guy kicked a goal on the run....must be goal of the year!" I reckon Eddie Betts has Fyfie covered in that respect this year. But he'll be a worthy Brownlow medallist once the media get through with him.

All the best Thursday night btw....I like Freo folk a lot, they enjoy beating Geelong as much as we do!

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was gonna put this up as a POTY till I noticed the socceroos reference in your profile mate. That explains how you could even contemplate placing a great running mid (well for two years so far anyway) up against perhaps the most gifted kick the game has ever seen.
Daics had....(probably still HAS) more talent in his little toe than Fyfe has. But such is the modern day viewpoint...."oh the guy kicked a goal on the run....must be goal of the year!" I reckon Eddie Betts has Fyfie covered in that respect this year. But he'll be a worthy Brownlow medallist once the media get through with him.

All the best Thursday night btw....I like Freo folk a lot, they enjoy beating Geelong as much as we do!

Touché

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
Two kids were having a kick in the car park outside the MCG just before a big Carlton and Essendon match. As they were playing a dog came running across and attacked one the of the little kids. The dog was on top of the kids scratching and biting him so his mate who he was having a kick with pick up a stick and started to bash the dog with. Well in the end he belted the dog so hard he actually killed.
A news reporter witnessed this event and came rushing over for an interview. She said to the boy " that was great you just saved your best mates life, this could make a great story."
So the lady started think of headline....
"Carlton Supporter saves best mate from savage dog attack". No said the boy I am not a Carlton supporter.
"Essendon supporter saves best mate from savage dog attack". No said the boy I am not an Essendon supporter either. So the lady asked who he barracked for and he said Collingwood.
The next days headlines where " Low Life Mongrel Maims Family Dog"

Still love this joke.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
79575_962bb71d8e07dc48b46eb2b73de4569e.jpg

I mean, what sort of a team goes 20 years without a flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe can do thing with the ball Daicos could only dream of. 3 x GOTY nominations to round 12. He knows what he's doing.
Surely you jest. Fyfe is a wonderful player, but his kicking is questionable. Daicos on the other hand, was the best kick of a football I have seen in my lifetime.

Leon Davis says hello.
Not sure how Davis relates in any way to the way Ballantyne plays aside from lousy GF performances. He certainly wasn't regarded as a bully on field, unless I've been living under a rock.

keep your visits to less than twice a year and your fine.

walked thru the legends stand lately ? need anti venim and a shotgun with all the creatures walking thru there.
Oh please. Legends Stand is way nicer than anything at Vic Park. At least there is running water in the toilets....

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Oh please. Legends Stand is way nicer than anything at Vic Park. At least there is running water in the toilets....
I assume the folk down that way are just bad shots then. I mean seriously, how could you miss the bowl but instead dump on the floor, wall, door and toilet roll holder. It matters not that you may have running water if it's not utilised. Cuts due to Dick Pratts passing ?

I assume the folk down that way are just bad shots then. I mean seriously, how could you miss the bowl but instead dump on the floor, wall, door and toilet roll holder. It matters not that you may have running water if it's not utilised. Cuts due to Dick Pratts passing ?
That must have been the Collingwood supporters when your mob were playing VFL there.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots

Nah, Daicos was THE master of making a ball sing. Daicos would have had 16 GOTY nominations after 12 rounds in this day and age, yep that many.*

Now because this is a banter thread ...

Cloke on the other hand; I would rather my wheelchair bound granddad was kicking for goal if a game was on the line.

* OK, slight exaggeration, but it's the Collingwood board, they can't count past 10 anyway, so nobody will notice.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
What was the name of that goat that you took with pick one in 1999?

Went before Pavlich, Hasleby, McPharlin, Joel Corey, Jonathon Brown, Paul Chapman and Darren Glass from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back