List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall are so naive.

Campaigner Wells isn't going to just stop being a campaigner over the next 11 months before trade period begins again.

He's up to something. Possibly Darling and our first i reckon.

Agree
Some of the Cats posted the their liking for Bailey Williams onto their list and some have mentioned that he's has more upside than Ratagolea and would be an ideal partnership with Hawkins in the forward line.
Wouldn't be surprised if B William's name be added to the T Kelly trade in 2019

In saying that, majority of the oppo posts stated that their team will try amd emulate WCE traditional structure with 2 KPD, 2 KPF and 2 rucks and elite kicking for success in 2019.
Funnily enough the mainstream experts/followers paid very little attention through out the season - everyone was praising and admiring Richmond and Melbourne chaos football style.

Kudos to Simpson and the coaching team for thinking outside the box instead of following the trend set by previous premiership team/s.

CARN the #$%^& Eagles:westcoast:

Agree
Some of the Cats posted the their liking for Bailey Williams onto their list and some have mentioned that he's has more upside than Ratagolea and would be an ideal partnership with Hawkins in the forward line.

In saying that, majority of the oppo posts stated that their team will try amd emulate WCE traditional structure with 2 KPD, 2 KPF and 2 rucks and elite kicking for success in 2019.
Funnily enough the mainstream experts/followers paid very little attention through out the season - everyone was praising and admiring Richmond and Melbourne chaos football style.

Kudos to Simpson and the coaching team for thinking outside the box instead of following the trend set by previous premiership team/s.

The only issue with trying to follow our lead is it takes time to develop a capable and experienced list to implement an elite kicking game plan like ours last year and Hawthorns when they were winning multiple flags.

The chaos plan is much easier to employ as all you need is dedicated role players sprinkled with a handful of elite talent to finish in front of goal and a strong defence hold the opposition to a low score.

The only issue with trying to follow our lead is it takes time to develop a capable and experienced list to implement an elite kicking game plan like ours last year and Hawthorns when they were winning multiple flags.

The chaos plan is much easier to employ as all you need is dedicated role players sprinkled with a handful of elite talent to finish in front of goal and a strong defence hold the opposition to a low score.

I feel Simmo has been implementing that skilled elite kicking game ever since he was coach but we lacked the mental fortitude.

3 away games this year: Pies x 2 and Port away we were down by 4-5 goals and we looked down and out but have learnt to abosrb the damage and come away with a win.

Cant believe the Saints allowed that to air. Very embarassing for them. 1/2 the room didn't seem to know what they were trying to do.
Sounds like their coaches box on match day

I think WC hired a pro from the NFL to consult them on the day with help in sussing the ins and outs of live trading. The way we improved our position for next year was ingenious. Crazy Vozzo cops a bit on this board but he along with Rawlings have been more than solid since Simmps been around.

Last edited:
I think WC hired a pro from the NFL to consult them on the day with help in sussing the ins and outs of live trading. The way we improved our position for next year was ingenious. Crazy Vozzo cops a bit on this board but he along with Rawlings have been more than solid since Simmps been around.
Crows bought in an NBL? Money-ball type analyst so wouldn’t be surprised to hear we did something similar.

Agree

In another world we lose the GF to Richmond this year. It's not like we've solved football with our tactics and Richmond/Melbourne have to start over.

I much prefer watching our style and love that we have an identity to our play, but it's also great that other teams can be tactically very different and either can win on the day. It makes me so annoyed the way the AFL tries to standardise tactics through their endless rule changes.

Was down at Trevor Barker oval for my usual Monday night run. Sandy Dragons were training and looking pretty slick, hopefully the next Juddy in there waiting to be drafted by us.

Interesting under 18s already out training.

Was down at Trevor Barker oval for my usual Monday night run. Sandy Dragons were training and looking pretty slick, hopefully the next Juddy in there waiting to be drafted by us.

Pretty sure its the norm at that level any way. Plus school/Uni holidays would be the perfect time for them to bet a bulk of their training done, before school uni commences in Jan-Mar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure its the norm at that level any way. Plus school/Uni holidays would be the perfect time for them to bet a bulk of their training done, before school uni commences in Jan-Mar
True just thought they'd try not to overload them before final year. But probably better to replicate afl systems earlier.

True just thought they'd try not to overload them before final year. But probably better to replicate afl systems earlier.
I doubt they'd over load them. They would probably be managed through it like most first year players. Also AFL players bang on, on the importance of a good preseason and how that sets their year up; I'd guess most of those kids would want to have a good preseason. Especially the ones not predicted to go early or predicted to get drafted.

So just reading what Carlton are allowed to do to replace Docherty next season. They can apparently move him to LTI list and that opens up a rookie spot to be filled with this SSP thingo. My question (or questions) are, can we do something similar with Nic? Was that the spot Brooksby took? My understanding was KBs spot was just a normal rookie spot as we had to pass our last pick in the rookie draft to fit him in.

Also on top of that.. what then happens to the replacement player if Nic or Docherty return before the end of next season?

In another world we lose the GF to Richmond this year. It's not like we've solved football with our tactics and Richmond/Melbourne have to start over.

I much prefer watching our style and love that we have an identity to our play, but it's also great that other teams can be tactically very different and either can win on the day. It makes me so annoyed the way the AFL tries to standardise tactics through their endless rule changes.
I would back us to beat Richmond, we've matched up well against them for a few years now and smashed them at home.

I agree that coaches need to back a plan that suits their strengths. West coast have two of the top ten forwards and one of the best tall defenders , so it made sense to go with a kick-mark gameplan.

So just reading what Carlton are allowed to do to replace Docherty next season. They can apparently move him to LTI list and that opens up a rookie spot to be filled with this SSP thingo. My question (or questions) are, can we do something similar with Nic? Was that the spot Brooksby took? My understanding was KBs spot was just a normal rookie spot as we had to pass our last pick in the rookie draft to fit him in.

Also on top of that.. what then happens to the replacement player if Nic or Docherty return before the end of next season?
Pretty sure it's only an option if the player is gone for the whole season. So if they opt for a replacement, that rules out Doch coming back til the following year.

we went back to training at the start of the November in my under 18's year

It’s not the LTI list, it’s a new “inactive” list. For guys with season-long injuries or who have retired.

we went back to training at the start of the November in my under 18's year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back