List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 2 ... draft night drama's , the suns and saints one's are pretty good viewing, is there an Eagles one ?

Most telling thing for me was that they were only dealing with people that they had a prior relationship with.

Craig Cameron, ex-GWS, was on the phone to his old club while his offsider was calling up his old boss Scott Clayton, who's now with us.

Looks like they are going through all the clubs

Be interesting to see the if the Scats @ Geelong team were discussing the likelihood to re-trade those picks WCE offered to them for T Kelly in the first place. ;)

Really good to hear Foley was rated highly by various recruiters. Hopefully we've got a good one!

Could be a underratedly great draft for us.

Reported that Freo looked p!ssed off when we called out his number / names on draft night as they had a pick soon after.
Not pissed off, more a collective sense of dissapointment, looks like they had to run through their options of who was left. That’s just my take on the rooms shown a second after Foley’s name was read.

If anyone is still craving some draft stuff, the Lystics afl podcast is something I found recently which is a good listen. In their draft review they gave us the highest score of all the clubs. They rated our two trades really highly, and rated our selections as ok.

They take the view that you should just judge a pick's value on the number, and so trading one second rounder for two is a really good deal. They don't think it's worth doing what GC did and trading up to get someone who they really rate. And obviously the sydney deal was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we got two extra 2nd rounders this year and got an extra second founder next year?

How???

So we got two extra 2nd rounders this year and got an extra second founder next year?

How???

In essence Sydney traded picks to us to avoid stumping them up for an academy prospect. We had the leverage in that situation.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude!
Not sure if been mentioned on here already, but I have heard Keegan Brooksby is going to be taken by you lot under the new rookie rules
Correct, been a done deal for a while now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Played his state league footy at South Adelaide, which is local to me. Has just been the word around you guys were keen for a while! Had'nt seen the news articles about it so posted.

Any insights you can give about him as a player?

Most of us wouldn’t have seen his SANFL work

Any insights you can give about him as a player?

Most of us wouldn’t have seen his SANFL work
I personally see him as more of a key forward as that is where I think he plays his best footy (thats only my opinion). However he himself has stated that ruck is his preferred position but also thinks he can swing forward for a rest and play quite well. Very good mark of the footy and a long leg. Mobility probably the main area that would need work but its not overall a horrible weakness of his. More or less a well rounded player, good back up ruck/forward for your lads. Also being 28 won't neccessarily develop too much and will be a bit of what you see is what you get type recruit. Ready to slot straight in and be a decent player if injuries strike.

So we picked up Grey for our aWafl side.

Reading his interveiw I was happy to hear Grey still is keen to get another crack at an AFL career. Said after considering options the Eagles were his best chance to do this after speaking with Rawlings.

Grey looks physically well develooed, can play forward, mid or back and has been held back a fair bit with injury in his 5 years with Freo. Still only 23.

So Monocle, Bond 007, Astrix what are your thoughts on Grey?

Good enough to get another chance if he gets his body right?

Wouldnt cost us a pick with the new draft rules either.

This is one advantage we now have with our own WAFL side and Im looking forward to seeing how we use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back