Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Have we got two second rounders again next draft ?

Recall we exchanged picks in the last Trade/Draft .
We have ours plus Sydney’s second round picks. So as I look at it, I’d expect that to be somewhere in the late teens (our 1st), mid 20’s ( I see Sydney slipping) and mid 30’s

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
We have ours plus Sydney’s second round picks. So as I look at it, I’d expect that to be somewhere in the late teens (our 1st), mid 20’s ( I see Sydney slipping) and mid 30’s

Thanks , We did okay in the last Trade/Draft period by the looks .
Kelly for two second rounders might be about right …..maybe . :think::rainbow:

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes agree plus Kelly is out of contract now .
Tough on Kelly though , wait and see what happens again :rainbow:

Trading any player is difficult though ( unless keen to go ) and Nelson has potential .
I was keen on Nelson early on his career but I don't think he's going to make unfortunately, I think his ceiling is probably as a fringe player constantly in and out of the side at best (McGinnity type). He's from Geelong so I wouldn't think it'd be hard to talk him into a trade.

Chappy McChap

Debutant
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I was keen on Nelson early on his career but I don't think he's going to make unfortunately, I think his ceiling is probably as a fringe player constantly in and out of the side at best (McGinnity type). He's from Geelong so I wouldn't think it'd be hard to talk him into a trade.
Probably more opportunity too. I think Geelong will slide considerably over the next 2-3 seasons.

If we don't rate Nelson, then why would Geelong?

Happy to keep him as depth, because the picks we'd get in return for Nelson would be junk.

They wouldn't, but the point was giving them below value for Kelly because it's all they deserve.

Would be a great troll during this year's trade period.

"Well, we offered you two second rounders last year, so to improve the deal you can have Jackson Nelson and our fifth rounder to sweeten the deal."

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
We generally try to be fair in our trades and maintain goodwill, but Geelong pissed all over that last year so we may be looking for a bit of revenge.

Not sure about revenge but Im all for not rewarding poor behavior.

And last year Wells and the Cats behaved very poorly. They were never going to trade Kelly and only just went through the motions.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Strictly speaking, I think what we offered Geelong for Tim Kelly works out to be Nathan Foley, Bailey Williams and Sydney's 2019 2nd rounder.

Although you could also say it works out to be Foley, Williams, O'Neill and the positive difference in value between Sydney's 2019 2nd rounder and our 2019 third rounder.

Anyway, long story short, I think our offers to Geelong were overly generous. It was probably a blessing in disguise that they didn't take it.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Strictly speaking, I think what we offered Geelong for Tim Kelly works out to be Nathan Foley, Bailey Williams and Sydney's 2019 2nd rounder.

Although you could also say it works out to be Foley, Williams, O'Neill and the positive difference in value between Sydney's 2019 2nd rounder and our 2019 third rounder.

Anyway, long story short, I think our offers to Geelong were overly generous. It was probably a blessing in disguise that they didn't take it.

Im rapt we didnt pay that for Kelly.

It also shows what those picks are worth.

Id like to somehow land an early 2nd this year and wheel and deal like last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I would rather screw Geelong over to get Jordon Clark in a few years than waste it on Kelly.

Kelly was important when we thought Gaff was off. Our 2 second rounders as max for Kelly this year. Glad we held firm but not so much based on Kelly’s JLT form - I expect him to play another great season at The Cattery. He was not worth mortgaging the farm for.

Agree - How do we get Jordan Clark back home. Would give up first in a heartbeat.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Agree - How do we get Jordan Clark back home. Would give up first in a heartbeat.
No idea on Clark. He is likely to just settle down and win a rising star this year and within 3 years he will be an A grade midfielder

Unless we get a pointy end pick, I can’t see us doing it. More a dream to screw over Geelong

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Just like we shouldn't write up or write off entire teams from one JLT match I am also reluctant to write off Kelly (and Masten) from one match so far

When I said “Kelly looks gone already ..”
I meant from Geelong..Doesn’t want to be there Imo ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
When I said “Kelly looks gone already ..”
I meant from Geelong..Doesn’t want to be there Imo ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, it'll be a long season for him..
The Cats made such a big deal talking it up as a 'family and kids' club (post Kelly failed trade), yet Kelly complained he wasn't getting enough support in that area.
And they're talking up how he's settled back in now and they're confident he'll turn it on this season?
Surely he wouldn't play badly and degrade his brand and trade value etc?
Even if he doesn't want to be there, he's being paid to do a job and it's part of being a professional sports person.
I wonder now, are we overvaluing Kelly, is he really a required player for us..or just a convenient fit if it all went our way? We threw a bit at his trade, but that was then, has the moment passed and we'ved moved on with what we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back