List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where is Monocle? Did he die after seeing who we drafted? Hahaha

Anyway, if all these players were so fantastic and without flaws, they would have been taken earlier.

Sorry to disappoint you and Fu(k up your day , with this news , but NO I am not dead yet.

Yes noted who we drafted and while underwhelmed a little with it I am not shattered by what we have got.

Wanted us to get a couple of mids , and a KPP after that I was after best available.

We got two mids in O"Neill and Foley.

O'Neill was a bit of a surprise that early but I am OK with the pick, as he has blistering speed and very neat and efficient foot skills.
Once he develops a tank he will be a handy footballer.

Foley, well its no secret that I had a late second early third round grade on him and as such thought he was a slight reach where we took him, never the less its another midfield option.
Now that he is on our list I wish nothing but the best for him.
I won't pretend that I am going to enjoy watching Valente running around for The Violet Crumbles for the next 10 years , but sometimes s**t happens.

A KPP / Ruck.

Any disappointment with the reach for Foley was well and truly mitigated when we called Williams name out.
I think we got a steal with him at this point in the draft.
Having watched him closely for two years now he is a very good prospect.
I have always seen him as a KPF that can also play as a ruck, but first and foremost I see him as a KPP.
For a guy his size he is very fast, agile and good at ground level. He is a reliable and long shot at goal and his marking power both contested and on a lead up is of a exceptionally high quality.

Cameron was always a given and he does bring a bag of tricks with his game, also like the "in your face campaigner attitude" he brings to the game.

From my perspective its a balanced draft that addressed areas of need and gives more options in key list positions.
An additional slight bonus, in so much as we have been able to draft for needs this year and simultaneously garner better draft pick for next year.

Still the rookie picks to take so the day is not yet done.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just ******* with the WAFL and the other WAFL sides now. WCE AFL and WAFL premiers for 2019.

For a guy his size he is very fast, agile and good at ground level. He is a reliable and long shot at goal and his marking power both contested and on a lead up is of a exceptionally high quality.
Love the Williams pick but didn't he kick 20.30 odd this year? Might be something for him to work on.

Stoked to see Josh Smith get another chance. He deserves it. He is a hard working link man and will accumulate a bit of footy and hold the team structure. I think he will suit the new rules. He is limited by his foot speed and has struggled with his disposal when really pressured. But he is a good depth player. Good pick up for your mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back