List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No plan c?

Or d?

So if those fell through you wouldnt be interested at all if Martin was a gettable option?
If we're talking about plans C and D, we're no longer talking about what the priority is or should be.

The priority should be Coniglio, then Kelly. That would allow us to reinforce the midfield with one of two guys who are established but still young enough (Yeo's age and younger), both of whom walk straight into the 22.

Whether I'd be interested in Martin depends entirely on the cost. Not a priority.

No plan c? Or d?

So if those fell through you wouldnt be interested at all if Martin was a gettable option?
No doubting Martin's football ability but I see the Suns playing hard ball on him. The Suns Chairman chimed in on the O'Meara trade and it cost Hawks 2 first rounders. Like O'Meara, Martin was the Number 1 Mini Draft and there is emotion involved. We would be wanting to make sure we have an inside bull so Ainsworth or Brayshaw need to be ready to step up as the inside first ball get bull that can distribute to the likes of Martin.

Martin has great skills and would be valuable for us but I cannot see Rawlings selling the farm to get him. It would be good to get one of Martin/Kelly/Coniglio but we should not be paying overs (in both cap space and trade currency).

Other options - why not knock on the Darcy Parish door. He's out of contract end of this year and see whether he wants to join a premiership contending club. I don't think he would cost the earth and he is not getting the opportunities with the Drug Rats and would be an option. There are others like him but we should not just wed our self to WA talent wanting to come home.

Longer term - Patrick Cripps will be a RFA in 2021 and I think he might be gettable. Use the Northampton connection and bring him home. With the way RFA is going, we might get in with an offer in 2020 and do the deal a year early (a la Neale wanting to go to the Lions 1 year earlier than RFA).

In regards to Coniglio. the Giants have Whitfield, Cameron, Williams, Corr, Kennedy and Paton all coming off contract and will be RFA in 2020. Whilst Paton is being talked of as a trade to a Melbourne club (injured so watch the Hawks pounce), I expect the rest are important to keep. So there will continue to be significant pressure on GWS in that cap space. They will not be able to just load up Cogs and go for it.

No doubting Martin's football ability but I see the Suns playing hard ball on him. The Suns Chairman chimed in on the O'Meara trade and it cost Hawks 2 first rounders. Like O'Meara, Martin was the Number 1 Mini Draft and there is emotion involved. We would be wanting to make sure we have an inside bull so Ainsworth or Brayshaw need to be ready to step up as the inside first ball get bull that can distribute to the likes of Martin.

Martin has great skills and would be valuable for us but I cannot see Rawlings selling the farm to get him. It would be good to get one of Martin/Kelly/Coniglio but we should not be paying overs (in both cap space and trade currency).

Other options - why not knock on the Darcy Parish door. He's out of contract end of this year and see whether he wants to join a premiership contending club. I don't think he would cost the earth and he is not getting the opportunities with the Drug Rats and would be an option. There are others like him but we should not just wed our self to WA talent wanting to come home.

Longer term - Patrick Cripps will be a RFA in 2021 and I think he might be gettable. Use the Northampton connection and bring him home. With the way RFA is going, we might get in with an offer in 2020 and do the deal a year early (a la Neale wanting to go to the Lions 1 year earlier than RFA).

I find Parish too small for my preference for a winger. Chances are we have players of his calibre already.

Eagles should only be looking at top end talent to trade in. If we cant land a top ender hit the draft.

I think our midfield is criminally underrated and if any of our top 4 or 5 mids played in melbourne they be talked about as stars
We obviously have the most balanced list in the afl and im very happy with our main list
Like you said maybe brander and allen was overkill but it is our rookie list which left me scratching my head.drafting edwards and retaining mcinnes when some quality mids/utilities were still available was strange especially when we picked up brooksby to take mcinnes's role

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Probably thinking ahead with mcinness - he knows the teams gameplan - is captain - isnt going to be in and out of the squad - its important to get the twos up and going as a viable thing and while mcinness is just short of being an afl player hes a bloody good wafl player.

What we should have done was trade one of our 2 first rounders last season for a first rounder for this year, last year was probably our best year to package a deal for kelly with two first rounders... Think it makes it hard for us to make a deal, best hope would be for freo to make the 8 so there first rounder isnt too high

What we should have done was trade one of our 2 first rounders last season for a first rounder for this year, last year was probably our best year to package a deal for kelly with two first rounders... Think it makes it hard for us to make a deal, best hope would be for freo to make the 8 so there first rounder isnt too high
We didn’t have one first rounder last year let alone 2

Geelong weren’t trading Kelly last year no matter what we offered. The club did the right thing bailing once they didn’t accept our best offer

Probably thinking ahead with mcinness - he knows the teams gameplan - is captain - isnt going to be in and out of the squad - its important to get the twos up and going as a viable thing and while mcinness is just short of being an afl player hes a bloody good wafl player.
Yeah i understand that,and mcinnes is going pretty good and edwards looks like a player but if we get a few injuries to midfielders ...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I find Parish too small for my preference for a winger. Chances are we have players of his calibre already.

Eagles should only be looking at top end talent to trade in. If we cant land a top ender hit the draft.

I don’t mind Parish he was pretty impressive in his 1st yr running through the Bombers midfield and I would like to think we would sniffing around if he is out of contract ..

181 cm isn’t too bad a size as the AFL is littered with players around this mark the list is endless..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we’ve locked up Oscar and a few of our recent draftees to see what we will have in the cap space. Good to see. Sheppard and Sheed dine earlier this year. Others will bubble along but not be cap space shaping.

The list of out of contract players looks reasonable for us and happy to give up one or two years in top draft picks for quality in the guts. I guess talks with agents are starting now.

Heard on AFL tonight that Martin’s partner has moved from Melbourne to the Gold Coast to support him so no idea what that means and if she is from Melbourne or not. If she is, then it reduces our chances of landing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is an anti-Kelly. Super hyped because he was drafted as an under ager but really hasn't done that much. One season averaging 18 touches and a goal a game. There's only 6 months age difference between the two but I still think of Martin as a young up and comer who will be a star.

Is Venables in any danger? Contracted to the end of 2020 but has fallen out of the 22 and is a Victorian kid. Petruccelle has come in, Rioli is still to come back and there's talk of us chasing Kelly and/or Coniglio. Not going to be easy to get a mid/HF spot. I'd hate to see him go but if I was a Vic club I would be sniffing around. Cost us pick 13 in 2016 but probably viewed as a 20-something prospect externally now.

Martin is an anti-Kelly. Super hyped because he was drafted as an under ager but really hasn't done that much. One season averaging 18 touches and a goal a game. There's only 6 months age difference between the two but I still think of Martin as a young up and comer who will be a star.

Is Venables in any danger? Contracted to the end of 2020 but has fallen out of the 22 and is a Victorian kid. Petruccelle has come in, Rioli is still to come back and there's talk of us chasing Kelly and/or Coniglio. Not going to be easy to get a mid/HF spot. I'd hate to see him go but if I was a Vic club I would be sniffing around. Cost us pick 13 in 2016 but probably viewed as a 20-something prospect externally now.
Can't see it unless he requested to be traded. He's contracted til the end of 2020, the club has shown a lot of faith in him and clearly rates him highly. He's a premiership player for us and shown a fair bit of promise. I can't see why we'd offload him for a pick in the 20's given the above, we'd probably get more for him at the end of his contract after he's developed further if we wanted to trade him.

Clubs will put so much work into DV. They still see heaps in him. This year could be a development year for him where he spends time between AFL and WAFL. He's got genuine star qualities about him and I don't think the club will just give up on him 2 seasons on.

Dom Sheed in his 5 seasons of footy has been highly inconsistent with patches of great footy and patches of average footy.
Liam Duggan finally became a b22 player in his 4th season
Shep became a b22 player in his 6th season.

DV is the only young mid (well potential mid) on our list that looks promising.

What about someone like SPS at Carlton?

I haven't checked contract status and no idea how happy he is, but could take over the Jetta role if he was gettable (I know he plays midfield at Carlton, but is a good kick and creative).

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What about someone like SPS at Carlton?

I haven't checked contract status and no idea how happy he is, but could take over the Jetta role if he was gettable (I know he plays midfield at Carlton, but is a good kick and creative).

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
SPS comes from Halls Creek just like Watson
Be amazing to have 2 Halls Creek boys across half back considering Halls C don’t even have a football team.
Interesting that Irving Mosquito And Cox from Brisbane all come from Halls Creek as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back