partial lockout

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
heard about this from the guys at DT talk, basically in previous years the season always starts off on a thursday night which creates all sorts of problems with who you know and dont know who will play in your dreamteam with all the extended benches ect. this created mass problems, the major one being of course last year with liam anthony who was names on thursday then when everyone had him locked and loaded dean laidly that prick tellls us all his got a stress fracture:thumbsdown:

however this year you can change it all with partial lockout being lockout isnt until friday however all the players that played during the richmond carlton game cannot be changed as they have allready posted up there scores. this means if a liam anthony situation happens again you have the ability to swap him for another cheap mid and in effect partial lockout means you probably should have a full squad of players playing ( this includes the 2 two bench players, rucks might be stretching it though)

hopefully i have explained it enough to make sense of it what are peoples thoughts on this

Basically this helps to avoid late withdrawals etc. Such as Liam Anthony,

it also helps for those who cop injuries on opening night, if you selected Raines or Cousins last year you could have began the process of fixing it on the next day...

it also helps for those who cop injuries on opening night, if you selected Raines or Cousins last year you could have began the process of fixing it on the next day...

Players who play on the first night will be locked in, so fixing opening night problems won't be possible. I'm interested to know if all Richmond and Carlton players are locked or just the ones who play on the opening night.

Players who play on the first night will be locked in, so fixing opening night problems won't be possible. I'm interested to know if all Richmond and Carlton players are locked or just the ones who play on the opening night.
I played Dreamteam on dreamteam.com.au a few years ago and they allowed you to edit your team through the whole weekend and would lock out all players from the team (playing or not) when their match started.

So I assume all players will be locked.

What I guess will happen is that they'll start the lockout at the usaul time on the Thursday then open it back up the next day then lock it about and 1 hour before the Friday nite match.

really good idea i think, especially if you are unable to get on the website on the Thursday.

Good stuff VS

Personally, I cannot see it reducing the server issues a heap. I think you will now have two potential server meltdowns, one of Thursday and one on Friday.

There may be meltdowns but certainly not as bad IMO.

With Carlton / Richmond teams named Wednesday night there's never been a problem getting on all day Thursday until about 4.00pm so I assume that with coaches able to study the teams on Thursday night / Friday for other games this will spread the activity.

The only issue I would anticipate would be the Sunday extended benches not being finalised until 5.00pm Friday which will create a bottleneck albeit smaller than previous years.

Will also be handy for the split round as I'd assume they would use it then as well.

Yeah great idea, should go ahead with people talking about it. Hasnt been heard of in past years so to have something talked about by DT TALK like this is a good sign. They have insiders they know aswell i guess and they did get Cuzzys price right :)

1. It would help with L.Anthony scenarios
2. It would allow more people to play, thus more advertising ect
3. They wont get a billion emails or phone calls
4. The server shouldnt crash as much

it has alot more pros than cons, please do it

Yeah great idea, should go ahead with people talking about it. Hasnt been heard of in past years so to have something talked about by DT TALK like this is a good sign. They have insiders they know aswell i guess and they did get Cuzzys price right :)

1. It would help with L.Anthony scenarios
2. It would allow more people to play, thus more advertising ect
3. They wont get a billion emails or phone calls
4. The server shouldnt crash as much

it has alot more pros than cons, please do it

Agreed completely.

No.1 hurt alot of people last year, so by introducing this partial lockout system, it should help reduce the problem.

IMO, this is a great idea and initiative shown by virtual sports! :thumbsu:

Also something to mention is that the L.Anthony issue went against the best dtmers as alot of the s**t dtmers didnt even know of him. Will make it even harder next year for them i would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if say, you wanted to have M.McVeigh in your team and knowing he's going to miss round one, you name Martin as a mid emergency (assuming he plays). Then if Martin has a blinder, on Friday you make sure McVeigh is on the field and if Martin has a bad one you name the other mid bench player on the field who you will now know is playing.

What if say, you wanted to have M.McVeigh in your team and knowing he's going to miss round one, you name Martin as a mid emergency (assuming he plays). Then if Martin has a blinder, on Friday you make sure McVeigh is on the field and if Martin has a bad one you name the other mid bench player on the field who you will now know is playing.

Haha that is a great idea:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Very interesting idea, things like that make me hope its only for round 1 because people will find little ways to exploit this.

Pointless.

The majority won't be able to log in and make changes anyway because the server will be massively overloaded as usual.

I tried for about 6 hours to get online and finalise my DT team before lockout last year and couldn't access the site at all. Got left with 4 scores of 0 and no captain.

^^^^ Then that must be slightly your fault sausage. Couldn't have picked a captain on the Wednesday?

The point about emergencies is a good one... I suppose unless a Rich/Carl player is selected as an emergency or captain from first lockout you cant go back and change it.

^^^^ Then that must be slightly your fault sausage. Couldn't have picked a captain on the Wednesday?

The point about emergencies is a good one... I suppose unless a Rich/Carl player is selected as an emergency or captain from first lockout you cant go back and change it.

This is a fair point, if you select someone from the first game as VICE CAPTAIN (say Gibbs as vice captain). If he scores s**t <100 then you can set someone else as your captain on Friday. If he scores well (120+) then you could set a non playing player as your captain (say M McVeigh) could you then gibbs as your captain and get your emergency to cover Mcveighs score. Is it two bites at the captain cherry?

Really good point, you'd think alot of teams would have either a Gibbs, Murphy, Deledio or perhaps someone else that could potentially put up a captains knock on the opening night, they'd be the one you want as vice captain.

But you can take steps to correct things.

Personally last year, I didn't have the funds to trade Raines out to my first choice replacement (Gilbert.) (and simply wasn't willing to make a double trade on such an unknown)

Had I the ability to tweak my team at that stage to *free up the cash* necessary to make the trade once the trading period opened, I reckon I would have finished a couple hundred extra places up the ladder.

That said though, what's the odds on that happening again! ? :D

But you can take steps to correct things.

Personally last year, I didn't have the funds to trade Raines out to my first choice replacement (Gilbert.) (and simply wasn't willing to make a double trade on such an unknown)

Had I the ability to tweak my team at that stage to *free up the cash* necessary to make the trade once the trading period opened, I reckon I would have finished a couple hundred extra places up the ladder.

That said though, what's the odds on that happening again! ? :D

This is a fair point, if you select someone from the first game as VICE CAPTAIN (say Gibbs as vice captain). If he scores s**t <100 then you can set someone else as your captain on Monday. If he scores well (120+) then you could set a non playing player as your captain (say M McVeigh) could you then gibbs as your captain and get your emergency to cover Mcveighs score. Is it two bites at the captain cherry?

Or simply don't select a captain at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back