Opinion Pass mark 2019 Finals

Pass mark for finals 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

Just curious: on the back of a rollercoaster two weeks involving a disastrous, humiliating Qualifying Final defeat and a spirited, galvanising Semi Final win, has anyone changed their mind on what they said a pass mark would be pre-finals? Ie has anyone adjuste their proverbial pass mark bar higher or lower?

Personally speaking I still feel the same way: I said anything less than a Grand Final appearance was unacceptable and I stand by that assertion. If anything the first week embarrassment made more strident in that belief. I'd be curious to know if the people who chose the Preliminary Final as an acceptable pass mark genuinely do feel, now that we've arrived at that destination, like a Prelim is a satisfactory result.

I'd liked to have a good solid win and be in the PF..instead we played an appalling first final..and a very good second. A pass is a win against Rich.. ..I guees you might get some sort of exemption pass for a loss if we play as well as Brisbane did. We played a boring standard of football all season based on this will work in finals... well anty up.

I voted GF in poll and absolutely NOTHING has changed. Instead of playing the Giants (going well) we have to play the red hot faves to make the big dance. But one way or the other we have to beat Richmond..it may as well be in the PF and that will actually be sweeter as they ...their supporters think this years flag is done and Dusty.

Well...I voted Prelim as the bare minimum, and I think a retrospective alteration is a bit ingenuous...sort of like offering a 1, or 2 or 3 choice and when your first choice #1 is wrong you go.."OK, I'll go #2 then..."

I think most of us would agree that when you get to the final 4 teams, you need a slice of luck to go your way, hope your top echelon are on top of their game and hope injury doesn't play a role.....

Yea, I'll be disappointed if we don't progress and it logically follows that its a lost opportunity, but I think its wrong to write the season off as a failure if the vagaries of elite sport conspire against us.

What I will say is we are a much much better unit than we have been for quite some time.

GO CATS....give it your best shot. Win or lose I'm proud to be a supporter of this club over all others.

I said a PF would be a pass, at least. Now we've made it it will depend on what we produce on Friday as to whether I will deem the season a pass or failure. The loss to Collingwood had to cause a reassessment.

Another meek effort a-la 2016 and 2017 and it's been a failure, without doubt. And this is the challenge after the stirring win on Friday, which was not too dissimilar from the Swans win in 2017. It has to be followed up and replicated this week, something we didn't get close to doing in 2017.

I voted prelim and they are there..
so that’s pass per the voting .

That said, 2 more wins.
They created the longer road.. so now they have to deal with it.
The SF win was stout no doubt .. and this one would really just as epic.

The team takes about giving themselves the opportunity. Well here it is. Take it with both hands and execute.

Get it done. It’s all before you

Go Catters

Did we or did we not finish the home and away season in top spot?
Had we already beaten Collingwood at the MCG this season?

Or is that subjective?

We finished equal third on points if you want to try and throw our ladder position into it. There was absolutely nothing it it besides percentage between us and third. And one game ahead of fourth.

It was equal right down to 5-6th in terms of ability. Times have changed and things have gotten a lot more even.

Second place went out in straight sets and it is likely to be a 4th vs 3rd grand final.

The ladder is irrelevant this season as it’s splitting hairs at the top end

Pass mark for me would have been for Scott to not make stupid decisions.

How hard is it to pick a ruckmen, play your FB at FB and add some speed to the side. We literally lost that final off the boot of the guy that Blicavs should have been playing on.

Back