Analysis Pass mark for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but watch any other teams play, whenever there's a contest in the forward line, generally the forward can take a mark. Whenever the ball goes into our forward line, I have zero confidence in any of our players. As far as I can remember, either we get a free kick, they get a free kick, the opposistion makrs the ball, or the ball is spoiled. Surely we have one single player who could do this at least once a game?
And do we have stats on Contested Marks Inside 50? I'd bet we have the lowest average.

Ok, but watch any other teams play, whenever there's a contest in the forward line, generally the forward can take a mark. Whenever the ball goes into our forward line, I have zero confidence in any of our players. As far as I can remember, either we get a free kick, they get a free kick, the opposistion makrs the ball, or the ball is spoiled. Surely we have one single player who could do this at least once a game?
And do we have stats on Contested Marks Inside 50? I'd bet we have the lowest average.

Only thing that needs fixing.

if we ply to our potential consistently the world is our oyster. If we do not i will again be plastering holes in the wall caused by the frustration of watching this team and the roller coaster ride it can bring.

Meh, it's pretty much the same for all teams. the first half of the season was worse of course but the second half was decent. Good teams set up for defense primarily so what else would you expect?

Did we forget about Carlisle's end to the year?

I haven't - he was a HUGE out against North in the final.
He was on fire - after round 15 last year he played only 7 games as follows;-

ave disposals - 13, marks - 7, tackles - 3, goals - 3

If he can start off 2015 like he finished 2014, and with Dainher in the wings....look out!!!!

If we had won that, next week out Steinberg in Carlisle and we become more than competitive against Geelong :(.

We could have beaten Geelong, but that's where it would have ended. Would have been no match for Sydney in the prelim.
I would have been satisfied with outscoring Buddy in the prelim tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pass mark:
A. Beat one of Sydney, Hawthorn (who we have twice) or Port Adelaide.
B. Don't lose to Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs or GWS.
C. Win a final

As soon as one of those falls, in particular B and C, we've failed.
I'd add Fremantle to the top group.

I'd add Fremantle to the top group.

I actually had them in and out of that post and decided not to include them because I'm not sure they're up to another run at a flag. Their older brigade (Pav, Sandi etc) are another year older and the three teams I listed are a step higher IMO. They'll still be a tough opponent to beat, so beating them would be big but it wouldn't send a massive message to the comp quite like beating Hawthorn would.

I think a pass mark for 2015 would be to put the ASADA mess behind them. It's dragged on too long. Who's with me?

I think a pass mark for 2015 would be to put the ASADA mess behind them. It's dragged on too long. Who's with me?
Nah, at least one more season of this would be good or perhaps two. Why not be ambitious?

Nah, at least one more season of this would be good or perhaps two. Why not be ambitious?
You call two seasons ambitious?

I say we play every season from now under a perpetual cloud of uncertainty. Live dangerously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back