Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, he could become a breath of fresh air for a lot of the players.

As a 2nds coach who has been promoted to the top job myself at a local club, you do have a soft spot for good reserves players.

Some interesting points he made during the press con.

Sounds like Bomber gave them an idea that he's not coming back and they just had to go for their 2nd choice. Nothing wrong with that but.

I don't think the "but" is justified, Bomber was in the mix, but didn't make the cut. And the players were enthusiastic too.

Is there now a new IG-Knighter.....lol

haha...

How about a new bumper sticker slogan for next year.

Essendon FC
'IG-KNIGHT The Hate in 2008'

My name is Luke West, I am a sports journalist at the Bendigo Advertiser who has covered the Bendigo Bombers through all Knighter's time with the club.
I fully endorse Knighter in the position having seen him work close at hand.
He will do a good job for the mighty Bombers, of which I'm a one-eyed supporter

Gotta give the guy a shot, i mean everyone expected a big name, but all big names have to start somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How cool is it that JUDD is in the picture with KNIGHTS on the age link!!!

I have to admit I was disappointed when I first read the announcement, but it's probably just I don't know a lot about the guy or his capabilities...and was pretty sure an ex bomber (not necessarily Bomber) would be needed to keep the peace.

Anywa I'll reserve judgement until next season!

I'm at least happy for the Cats that they can remove the question mark and beat Port on Saturday!

Well done Matty :thumbsu:
I have to say im pretty happy.He wasnt my first choice but i am still happy with his appointment. Have seen a bit of him close up over the last few years and i have liked what i have seen. Good bloke too. Was always happy to have a quick chat with us after training on a friday morning or at the Bendigo games :thumbsu:

Actually I must admit, even if it is a bit shameful, Knights almost turned me into a Richmond supporter when I was a youngun back in the 90's. Thought he was a star, hope it transfers to his coaching.:p

Ig-Knight 2008, I like it alot.

:) Congrats Matthew!

Obviously the board have their man and we as supporters need to back our new coach if we hope to have success in the future... From what I hear the player group are right behind the boards choice... Let's just hope it doesn't take too long for us to taste success....

GO DON'S :thumbsu:

THE BOMBER'S ENGINE'S TO IG-KNIGHT AND FLY UP IN 08

I was shocked at the decision, not because I have an opinion of him as coach, but I just dint think he would get the job. But he seems to know the club very well and he certainly presents very well.

Good Luck, Knights.

P.s Get us a flag, and I might forgive you for for those 3 goals in the 95 semi-final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back