Past player - Ben Cousins (1996-2007)

Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched his documentary today for some reason, and i think he's my new idol. People don't quite understood how hard he trained, such a tragic story, could of gone down as one of the greatest players to ever live, i remember almost crying when he did his Hammy… And then the following week at school i had wrote such as life on my stomach in pen lol.

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I swear the cops just follow him around waiting to pull him over when they haven't done anything newsworthy for a while...

Or he spends his days in a bit of a daze and occasionally crosses paths with a cop car whilst driving randomly s**t - cops then do what cops are supposed to do to protect the rest of us from adversely affected people behind the wheel of two odd tonnes of steel.....

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Or he spends his days in a bit of a daze and occasionally crosses paths with a cop car whilst driving randomly s**t - cops then do what cops are supposed to do to protect the rest of us from adversely affected people behind the wheel of two odd tonnes of steel.....

Except that the previous time they arrested him outside his house the so called drugs he had on him were prescription..and this time from reports he wasn't doing anything wrong til they tried to pull him over. Sure, he's only making it worse for himself by not pulling over, but with his track record and cops, I can see why he'd be hesitant,

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
He was driving like a wino most probably wasn't he? They even rang him up to check if his car had been stolen as he cruised through red lights, and he answered from behind the wheel

I had breakfast at the cafe on the street he finally was arrested on in his honour this morning(was preplanned actually)

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Jumping in here because AFL board is a nightmare and full of morons.

Every report (not media/journos, just word of mouth and social media) since his airport incident has been good, not including when he got in trouble for having weed or prescriptions or something ridiculously petty like that.

I'm sure you've all heard about his work with indigenous kids playing sport including in Canberra and the odd volunteer mentoring at footy clubs. The media don't report that kind of stuff, but it was good to hear lately about it happening.

He has made a huge mistake here. I can't say much about it until there's a final verdict. To say he was on anything other than the drink would be pure speculation imo. But to be drunk while driving is still a pretty big * up, whether he had to be somewhere or not.

I know he and his family aren't too fond of the media and quite frankly I hate hearing the media reporting about him after getting tipped off by the filth. But deep down I really wish we could be told by Ben or someone in his family how things are actually going. I can't believe what the media puts out there a lot of the time because of their track record of casually adding in false information and doing their best to make stuff sound worse.

This whole thing hasn't surprised me too much, but I do hope it's a bump after a good period of being on the straight.

If I hadn't heard about his good-doings recently and I had only heard about what the media wanted to report, right now I'd wrongly assume he is basically done and reaching a point of no return, which I hope isn't correct.

He is being an idiot, but I really hope he gets better and keeps being the nice and helpful bloke I've been hearing about.

Just met Ben in Perth.

Seems like a cool enough guy, was very chilled and laid back. Perhaps he is on the up-and-up, which, as someone who considered him a childhood idol, is what I am hopeful for. :)

Just met Ben in Perth.

Seems like a cool enough guy, was very chilled and laid back. Perhaps he is on the up-and-up, which, as someone who considered him a childhood idol, is what I am hopeful for. :)

He's actually a really nice guy.

Just got a terrible illness which has utterly destroyed his life.

Back