Past Player - Chris Knights

Remove this Banner Ad

So.. he's not good enough to play in your midfield - but he should slot straight into ours? Right.....

Goody & Macca don't spend a lot of time in our midfield these days anyway, mostly playing in defence. Our midfield is actually quite full of youngsters, most of whom are better than Monfries, with Edwards being almost the only exception.

Pick 40 is worthless, such is the nature of the 2009 draft. It doesn't sweeten the deal in the slightest. Another year and you might have had some interest, but not this year. Make it Monfries and your 2nd pick and I'd consider it, but we're probably both better off sticking with our current assets.

Fact of the matter is that I rate him similar to Douglas, which isn't particularly highly. Neither of them are good enough to play particularly well as midfielders and neither have the flair necessary to make it as small forwards. They're both caught in no-man's land.

Yes i would think so
adelaide- thompson, vanberlo, vince,mckay, knights,reilly, edwards,doughty,dangerfield, otten V

essendon - mcveigh, watson, welsh, prismall, lonergan,zaharakis, stanton, lovett, winderlich, dyson

why not monfries? he was pick 12 or so as a gun midfielder but just cant crack into our mids. With 3 of your mids (goodwin, dewards,mcleod) retiring potentially if not this year the next one monfries would slot straight in.
i would think monfries(who else) + 3rd rounder pick 40 or so would be more than fair.

To the other arguments..the top 8-10 picks will be VERY good players

scully,butcher,lucas,morabito,stevens,panos,martin, cunnington,etc etc will all be very good players POTENTIALLY better than the one dymensional knights so im still not convinced his worth that pick unless his kicing improves drastically

You just answered your own question. He was meant to be a midfielder but he can't crack your midfield after what, 4 years? Don't get me wrong - he's a handy player and a bit of a goalsneak, but Knights is a better midfielder and atleast an equally good forward. Why would we downgrade? Personally, I wouldn't take anything less than Monfries + 1st rounder. Essendon supporters will probably think this is incredibly unfair, but if that's the case they can keep Angus. We wouldn't want to trade him unless he was dead-set on wanting to go back to Vic or the trade was incredibly tilted in our advantage.

Yes i would think so
adelaide- thompson, vanberlo, vince,mckay, knights,reilly, edwards,doughty,dangerfield, otten V

essendon - mcveigh, watson, welsh, prismall, lonergan,zaharakis, stanton, lovett, winderlich, dyson
hehehe. naming zaharakis and ricky dyson in there. phenomenal.

PS out of those 2 groups, ours shits on yours.

why wouldnt i name zaharakis?
lol your mids s**t on ours....yeh man no worries the only mid thad get a game with us would be thompson and vince
Dangerfield >> Zaharakis.
Thompson >> McVeigh.
Mackay >>> Prismall, Zaharakis, Dyson, Winderlich to name a few
Bernie >> Welsh

Such a strong 8th placed midfield holding out guns like Angus Monfries. ;)

Dangerfield >> Zaharakis.
Thompson >> McVeigh.
Mackay >>> Prismall, Zaharakis, Dyson, Winderlich to name a few
Bernie >> Welsh

Such a strong 8th placed midfield holding out guns like Angus Monfries. ;)

come on mate honestly mackay>prismall,winder please...even your own supporters would admit your wrong
as for vince>welsh i dont see vince playing on judd shutting him down and getting over 30 poessions himself. Yes vince will be an A grade mid but saying he is better than welsh atm is a joke

thompson>mcveigh...he may get the ball more but he is mo where near as damaging..id be comparing thompson>stanton first

as for vince>welsh i dont see vince playing on judd shutting him down and getting over 30 poessions himself. Yes vince will be an A grade mid but saying he is better than welsh atm is a joke

On this logic Robert Shirley's good enough to get a game in your awesome midfield:rolleyes:

This guy's a ****ing joke. Thinks he's talking about Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Knights? He isn't named on the injury list, didn't play SANFL this past weekend, and missed the last round of the NAB Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back