Delisted Eli Templeton

Remove this Banner Ad

The 10 clearances is the real eye-opener there and the most pleasing part.

Reminds me of Billings this time last year. Was very average in the NAB and arguably didn't warrant selection in R1 and was then poor and sent back to the VFL, where he played way better and then came back into the seniors and was much better from that point onwards.

I can definitely see the same thing happening with Eli this year. He'll be a lot better for these runs in the VFL and a chance to really get his hands on the pill a bunch.

The 10 clearances is the real eye-opener there and the most pleasing part.

Reminds me of Billings this time last year. Was very average in the NAB and arguably didn't warrant selection in R1 and was then poor and sent back to the VFL, where he played way better and then came back into the seniors and was much better from that point onwards.

I can definitely see the same thing happening with Eli this year. He'll be a lot better for these runs in the VFL and a chance to really get his hands on the pill a bunch.

I hope you're right but I don't think Eli has the same scope as JBill.

Looks like he's put on some serious muscle :thumbsu:

Think he's gonna have a really good year this year.

12487306_10153569278458183_825834093527396251_o.jpg

Really interested in where Eli is at?? He is a Tasmanian and I always keep an eye out for fellow Tasmanians. My young bloke was just given number 4 for his Under 10 footy team and wants to follow Eli.

The general feel is he is not in the best 22 and I am not even hearing he is pushing for best 22 is this right?

If he kicks on he would really benefit the Saints as he has what is needed PACE

Any info appreciated on where he is at

Really interested in where Eli is at?? He is a Tasmanian and I always keep an eye out for fellow Tasmanians. My young bloke was just given number 4 for his Under 10 footy team and wants to follow Eli.

The general feel is he is not in the best 22 and I am not even hearing he is pushing for best 22 is this right?

If he kicks on he would really benefit the Saints as he has what is needed PACE

Any info appreciated on where he is at
I'd say he's just outside but pushing best 22, have heard many (including Richo and Armo) say he's had a great pre-season so hopefully he has a good year. He was pretty good in NAB 1, didn't play in NAB 3, and was named in the best in the VFL practice match against Frankston.

He's in a bit of a funny spot on the list at the moment, below the likes of Billings/Lonie/Sinclair but above the likes of Minchington/Curren/Saunders.

I'd say he's just outside but pushing best 22, have heard many (including Richo and Armo) say he's had a great pre-season so hopefully he has a good year. He was pretty good in NAB 1, didn't play in NAB 3, and was named in the best in the VFL practice match against Frankston.

He's in a bit of a funny spot on the list at the moment, below the likes of Billings/Lonie/Sinclair but above the likes of Minchington/Curren/Saunders.

Hope he makes his way in - think he can value add to the team. You have described it will being in between the two groups.....Saints are now in a good position with players having to compete for spots

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-09-14/season-review-eli-templeton

St Kilda midfielder Eli Templeton may have been starved of senior opportunities in 2016, but he made strong progress with his development at VFL level this season.

The Tasmanian earned a spot in the senior side for the trip to Adelaide in Round 1, but only managed one other game at AFL level for the year against Hawthorn in Tasmania in Round 4.

Despite limited exposure to senior football, the Tasmanian excelled at state league level, finishing fifth in Monday night’s J.J Liston Trophy to underline his class.

Templeton averaged over 26 disposals, five inside 50s and four tackles across 17 games in his third season at Linen House Centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back