Opinion Past Player Hot Takes

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Knights. Looked really good. Didn’t work out.

I thought Terry Wallace was a very good coach who was treated harshly by us.

He was certainly a very good coach at the Bulldogs - Terry was too smart for most footballers! The game board and spirograph was his friend ;)

Taylor Hunt shoulda won the brownlow :drunk:

At the time we drafted marc dragicevic I spoke to Gary ayres who thought very highly of him and wished Geelong had gotten him,he was a Geelong boy so his information would be good on marc.

i remember comparisons being made at the time as to the way he played with Gary Ablett Jnr. It was such a shame injury ruined his career.

Mathew Richardson would have won three brownlows if he had been allowed earlier to use his natural athleticism and marking ability as a winger/onballer instead of as a key forward.

The guiltiest culprit was Danny Frawley who insisted on fattening him up plugger style. Wallace basked in the glory of switching him late in his career up the ground as if it were some act of genius.

The fact was a lot of people had talked for years about how potentially devastating Richardson could be if he was moved up the ground. The Richo legacy would have been greater still if this had happened much sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about Ben cuz being a highly successful acquisition

Not so much in terms of playing, but make no mistake, Benny had a massive impact on the club. Mentored Cotchin when it was clear he would be our next captain, and worked one on one with Dusty about midfield craft and fitness.

He definitely was a successful acquisition at the club, not so much in the short term, but long term. Even Jack has mentioned at times the things he learnt from Cousins.

Greg Tivendale is the greatest Greg to ever play for the yellow and black, also the best left footed on the run outside 50 kick for goal the clubs ever had.

In 1998 Nick Daffy averaged 24 touches and kicked 30 goals as a midfielder. He is in the top 5 players to play for Richmond in the 90’s.

Anthony Banik was an absolute gun HBF. Not his fault that he was the #1 pick. Then glandular fever stuffed him.

Also reckon Brad Gwilliam was going to be our next gun FB before his encounter with that Adelaide goal post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back