Past Player of the Week Concept

Remove this Banner Ad

imgLoading_30x30.gif
$_12.JPG

I was at his first game, when he cracked in hard and fast.
Talk about being cut down in your prime.
This gun was that.

Past Player of the Week is a brilliant idea.
A great time to reminisce and celebrate champion and not so champion players -

First week - 09/05/2014 - 15/05/2014 - PerthBoy87 - Michael Mitchell
Second week - 16/05/2014 - 22/05/2014 - RunningBounce - Maurice Rioli
Third week - 23/05/2014 - 29/05/2014 - brahj - Stephen Jurica
Fourth week - 30/05/2014 - 05/06/2014 - harimal12 - Jim Jess

After the fourth week, can I do it again? Might be best if myself and the people mentioned above do the Past Player of the Week, that way there is a "schedule" so to speak when it's our time to find a player from the past etc? Thoughts on this? I'm happy to be part of the schedule, just let me know when its my turn and I will do the rest and find a past player.

Also, the format I used for Michael Mitchell - this doesn't need to be used when the rest of you do it. You can if you want. That's the format I will be using when its my turn to find a past player each and everyone of you can do your own format etc.

Cheers,

I look forward to the Cleve Hughes edition.
Ah the man of many nicknames. While the Steamer was popular, I preferred 'Clean Knees' Cleve. He was never a chance when the ball went to ground. Thought GC may have been hiding him when he signed with Southport and trying to teach him second efforts. But it was not to be, and he was destined to a life as an advertising extra.

Happy to do another Player of the Week. Mods can you fit me into the schedule and inbox me when its my turn to do it???

Thank you.

Cheers.

harimal12 - brahj will be posting shortly, did you want to post yours in this thread once you're ready and I'll move it to the main board once we need it

Round 7 - PerthBoy87 - Michael Mitchell
Round 8 - RunningBounce - Maurice Rioli
Round 11 - brahj - Stephen Jurica
Round 12 - harimal12 - Jim Jess

Round 13 - RodneyDangerfield - Allan Edwards
Round 14 - Gentlemen - Tim Fleming
Round 15 - TigermanM2 - Pick a player
Round 16 - Hipster Doofus - Ben Moore
Round 17 - Roachy8 - Michael Roach
Round 18 - johnno77 - Anthony Banik
Round 19 - Straya - Scott Turner
Round 20 - Black Saab - Chris Naish
Round 21 - Turka - Mark Coughlan
Round 22 - Tigers69 - Pick a player
Round 23 - Wallaby - Kevin Morris

PerthBoy87 - Will probably hold this off for finals (if we get there) or next year

If any of the above want to change players or can't do it for whatever reason just let me know, otherwise I will assume it goes in that order

FYI: Equus Morro Heisenberg_

(Log in to remove this ad.)

harimal12 - brahj will be posting shortly, did you want to post yours in this thread once you're ready and I'll move it to the main board once we need it

Round 7 - PerthBoy87 - Michael Mitchell
Round 8 - RunningBounce - Maurice Rioli
Round 11 - brahj - Stephen Jurica
Round 12 - harimal12 - Jim Jess

Round 13 - RodneyDangerfield - Allan Edwards
Round 14 - Gentlemen - Tim Fleming
Round 15 - TigermanM2 - Pick a player
Round 16 - Hipster Doofus - Ben Moore
Round 17 - Roachy8 - Michael Roach
Round 18 - johnno77 - Anthony Banik
Round 19 - Straya - Scott Turner
Round 20 - Black Saab - Chris Naish
Round 21 - Turka - Mark Coughlan
Round 22 - Tigers69 - Pick a player
Round 23 - Wallaby - Kevin Morris

PerthBoy87 - Will probably hold this off for finals (if we get there) or next year

If any of the above want to change players or can't do it for whatever reason just let me know, otherwise I will assume it goes in that order

FYI: Equus Morro Heisenberg_

Ohhh gee - that's a long wait for me mate haha, yeah no worries, that's fine with me. Let me know when it's my turn and I will find a past player.

Cheers

Ohhh gee - that's a long wait for me mate haha, yeah no worries, that's fine with me. Let me know when it's my turn and I will find a past player.

Cheers
You could always prepare one in case someone misses, I'll just be moving them from this thread to the main board once we need them

You could always prepare one in case someone misses, I'll just be moving them from this thread to the main board once we need them

No worries, will do. Let me know. Cheers.

Fantastic story RD, although very sad. I'm guessing you know Butch? Mate, I really appreciate this kind of insight into the amazing footy club that makes/takes a fair bit of my life.

I really enjoyed the video. Edwards winning a hard ball and kicking long to Jess in the goal square, for the match winner... Hudson and Matthews starring at the other end. Classic.

Hey Dr, huge apologies but I really can't see myself finding the time for it this week, sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy :s
Know that feeling, my last exam is Tuesday

TigermanM2 or PerthBoy87 would you be interested in getting one ready for Saturday?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back