Past player - Tim McIntyre

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice highlights. Looks to be a good size, has nice skills, is a ferocious tackler and appears to have a pretty good goal sense.

Jaensch mark II. Both have mature bodies, great kick, can play hbf/wing/hff, natural footballers, pretty quick and similar size. Good pick up IMO. He plays pretty hard footy but has the football ability to match (a real Geelong type player). Will immediately add depth and could really push for selection. He's also in that age window where the core of our side are between 20-24 yrs of age.

Jaensch mark II. Both have mature bodies, great kick, can play hbf/wing/hff, natural footballers, pretty quick and similar size. Good pick up IMO. He plays pretty hard footy but has the football ability to match (a real Geelong type player). Will immediately add depth and could really push for selection. He's also in that age window where the core of our side are between 20-24 yrs of age.
Don't know much about him but I'm happy that we have picked someone that could come into the side straight away if needed.

I'm assuming he will just add depth to the list until a few injuries hit or do people think he can make best 22 (of course he has to be upgraded first)?

Don't know much about him but I'm happy that we have picked someone that could come into the side straight away if needed.

I'm assuming he will just add depth to the list until a few injuries hit or do people think he can make best 22 (of course he has to be upgraded first)?

He's already playing league SANFL, and has a mature body. Presumably he's half a chance to come in, but if he's "only" a small forward, he's got Wright and Callinan ahead of him at the moment, plus Petrenko if he plays down there.

Anyone know what he's like athletically? Does he have an AFL-level fitness base?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for those playing along at home, he's the third McIntyre we've had at the club - none of them have been related (as far as I know).

And for those playing along at home, he's the third McIntyre we've had at the club - none of them have been related (as far as I know).
I would have rather taking Sundberg whos highlights are more impressive plus we dont have anyone of Sundbergs type in our midfield in terms of body shape & manouverability.

I can remember the first one but who was the second?

Peter McIntyre played in our first game shellacking of Hawthorn in 1991. Andrew McIntyre was a rookie we picked up in 2007. He was proclaimed the second coming of Ben Hart.

I didn't mind Andrew, didn't get much of a go.
I was a big wrap for him, and he was going along awesome, was promoted from the rookie list and on standby for IIRC a game at the GABBA. Then he broke his leg, and it was all downhill from there, he completely lost his form/confidence and we rightly released him. Shame how it worked out.

I was a big wrap for him, and he was going along awesome, was promoted from the rookie list and on standby for IIRC a game at the GABBA. Then he broke his leg, and it was all downhill from there, he completely lost his form/confidence and we rightly released him. Shame how it worked out.

That had a lot to do with Big Ivan didn't it?

Tim McIntyre
From Sturt
DOB: 9/4/1991
Height: 189cm
Weight: 85kg
Number:49

845617-central-v-sturt.jpg

Noble says: "Midfielder who takes the ball cleanly and knows where the goals are. Tim played really well for Sturt this year and as Nick Duigan and Paul Puopolo showed this year, those sorts of players can step straight in at AFL level if required."

Mods please put in The Locker Room

Remove this Banner Ad

Back