Toast Past Players, (a place to reminisce)

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentator on our AFLW game today, when our defenders were trying to control the tempo in the backline, chipping the ball around and maintaining possession, said the girls were doing what they called a 'Maxy'. Miss him a lot.

McOrist

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
The East
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even though it almost bankrupted the club, the 'New Magpies' era of the early/mid 80's was an exciting time.
Classy players such as Mike Richardson, Geoff Raines, Bruce Abernethy, that one year from Phillip Walsh, Daics and Banksy in their prime.
Hard nuts like Chocco Williams, Michael Taylor, David Cloke, Tony Shaw.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
images
Love your name

Khul Oopah

Great call!
Billy Picken too in that era...
there's a high lite reel, great hands, marked nearly every thing in his area

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even though it almost bankrupted the club, the 'New Magpies' era of the early/mid 80's was an exciting time.
Classy players such as Mike Richardson, Geoff Raines, Bruce Abernethy, that one year from Phillip Walsh, Daics and Banksy in their prime.
Hard nuts like Chocco Williams, Michael Taylor, David Cloke, Tony Shaw.
GREG PHILLIPS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
i was broken when i heard he was leaving after 84.
Sat next to him at the footy one day, he was checking us out as we played Port the following week.
I asked him about his time with us, I was surprised he was so honest.
He said he did it for the money (he earned in the short time with us more than he had earned in his previous 10 years), he was never fully fit and always intended on returning to SA. He said if he had put his mind to it he could have been a lot better. He was a very quietly spoken guy and very friendly

Leigh Brown - wasn't the best footballer ever but the role he filled was massive. Since 2011 when he retired, our efforts at recruiting that 3rd tall/2nd ruck type has been abysmal. Chris Dawes, Quinten Lynch and Jesse White has basically all had their careers ruined by the attempt. Brown was much more valuable to the team that his stats read.
What? White's been fine, Lynch was at the end of his career and for a while had been regularly dropped by West Coast before we got him. Dawes was just s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back